Rega Planar 3 turntable to Bluetooth transmitter to Samsung Q70R soundbar?

VistaDream

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some newbie advice. Would the set up in the title work and if so how much “performance” would I be losing by going Bluetooth to soundbar rather than using a dedicated amp with good stereo speakers?

The above setup is very much a compromise given space available and the equipment I already own.

Thinking of this Bluetooth transmitter;

So that it links with the Q70R soundbar without wires.

Many thanks

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
You want to play vinyl from a Rega TT into a soundbar? Do you already have the Rega hooked up to an amp and speakers in the traditional way?

Hi,

No I haven’t bought the Rega yet. I have the soundbar hooked up to a TV and wanted to add a decent record player as I got nostalgic. If I need a separate amp and speakers I’ll have to reconsider the whole idea as space is limited.

Having a TT of the quality of the Rega is a complete waste of money if your intention is running through a soundbar. To get the best out of such a good TT is to have an equally as good amp and speakers. For this you will need deep pockets especially with Australian prices. If you don't have a collection of vinyl then you may just as well connect up your phone or PC to the soundbar.

It's a blunt answer but I really don't think there is another one.

Hope you're not too near those dreadful fires. I'm a retired firefighter.

Blunt answer indeed! Fair enough, so to answer the question in my OP, the drop off in performance does not warrant it. So my choice is either splash the cash on a proper setup, or downgrade the turntable so I can still listen to my vinyl albeit not at the same quality as the full Rega set up would have provided.

I think I may just opt for a more modest turntable. Those records are screaming to be played after 20 years of no use.

Cheers

Ps fires are only about 10km away, too close for comfort really

Agree with @gibbsy, but if you are looking to play Vinyl through your soundbar may be worth looking at something like this.

Your biggest let down is going to come from the soundbar. The Rega needs good amplification, as do most, even entry level decks, so you would need to amplify the signal before sending it to the speakers. Even though active soundbars have amplification built in it's purpose is designed for multi channel TV use and although it will obviously give you a stereo audio experience it's going to be pretty poor and simply not worth throwing money at it.

Another budget option is the Audio Technical AT-LP60XBT with inbuilt BT.

Maybe see if you can pick one up used on EBay to scratch the itch until you can afford an complete system.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Many thanks all, looks like Rega will have to wait and I’ll get one of these others for now.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom