Rega Planar 1 ?

I think @BT Bob covers the main contenders to look at, not too expensive and should be a good match for your setup.

AT-VM95E fitted today,
My wife was upstairs and came down to ask me what have I done as the sound is much better.
I think that says enough.
Pre amp next.
Thanks for the advice
Did another bit of tweaking today,
Used the protractor and looked to me as though the cartridge was slightly out.
so fiddled with it by taking photos on my phone and zooming in.
Also reduced the weight from 2.08grm to 1.82grm.
Definitely sounds as though treble has increased.

Hi Guys. Looking at adding a Turntable to my system Thought a Rega Planar 1 would satisfy my needs. Rest of my system is : Rotel A11 Tribute amp and CD 11 Tribute cd player. I have a couple of questions. 1) The Rega has a Carbon cartridge included. The A11 is ready for an MM cartridge, Would the rega be plug and play? 2) I notice there are 2 different planar 1's available at present. I assume this is just model/year change? One is gloss black and the other is Matt black, I would personally prefer the gloss but maybe someone can advise? Matt Black one Gloss black one. I was also offered a Dual CS440 for the same price range. Dual CS440 Any advice ? Thanks Gloss is the newer. The bearing & tone arm plus the rigidity enhanced.The trouble with rega is they name every generation the same so it's not helping. It's like giving me & my dad my grandads name.

The Rega Planar P1 is an outstanding entry level turntable; you can’t go wrong for the money. The Carbon cartridge is a very good starter. It is a moving magnet cartridge so simply plug it into the phono inputs of your amplifier. The P1 couldn’t be simpler to set up. The matte version is just a different edition; it’s exactly the same machine as the gloss P1.
It is quite simply an excellent introduction to vinyl. Of course other turntables are available, but I’d trust Rega’s know how with vinyl. You can’t go wrong.

The Rega Planar P1 is an outstanding entry level turntable; you can’t go wrong for the money. The Carbon cartridge is a very good starter. It is a moving magnet cartridge so simply plug it into the phono inputs of your amplifier. The P1 couldn’t be simpler to set up. The matte version is just a different edition; it’s exactly the same machine as the gloss P1.
It is quite simply an excellent introduction to vinyl. Of course other turntables are available, but I’d trust Rega’s know how with vinyl. You can’t go wrong.

Hi Gents,

When considering Rega P1 plus with the built-in pre-amp vs Rega P1 and phono input of my Onkyo TX-NR 696 - which one would be a preferable option?

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom