1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rega p5 or ClearAudio Emotion TT?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by uk_saw, Apr 27, 2005.

1. uk_saw

uk_saw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ,

I had my heart set on a rega p25 but as they are no longer made I have had to shift my attentions to different turntable due to a disaster at home.

I am torn between the clearaudio emotion and the rega p5. Are they at all comparable and is it a simple case of getting the p5?

I don't really know much about Clearaudio but I love the design and have read
    great reviews but the Rega name speaks for its self and I have loved my p2 and p3 for years.

I mainly listen to classical strings, or modern acoustic work

has anyone got either or any others I should consider?

many thanks

Steve

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    At that price it's also worth checking out the Audionote TT1. I would make sure you listen to all three before taking the plunge. All three are very different in terms of reproduction. A lot of people here don't go much on the Clearaudios because of the Acrylics.

3. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Quick check of temp – I agree with OKill, the Audio Note TT2 is a lovely deck, also be aware that the Emotion retails in Europe for £500, where as we get a rip-off UK surcharge of nearly £200 for a dealer here to sell onto you. Not knocking the deck but that gives an idea of its true cost, Rega P25s with RB600s come up @ £450 from time to time - as you like the P2/P3 this would make most sense. Also consider Michell Technodeck with Techno arm, Project RPM6/9, and dare I say it a 2nd hand LP12 you can buy a lot of deck in that price range.

good luck

4. uk_saw

uk_saw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your advice thats much appreciated. Some more reading to do I feel.

Steve :)

5. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Agreed. You can also check out the 2nd hand market for the Roksan Xerxes, older Gyrodecks and the LPT. All of which are good platforms for Rega arms.