Rega Elicit Mk5 Integrated Amplifier Review & Comments

doifeellucky

Standard Member
really, the DAC in the new Node must be pretty good? i am using my 2i with the Ares2
My understanding is the Node DAC is nothing special and would be comparable to something around £100. By contrast it was expected that the Elicit DAC would be comparable to the well regarded original Rega DAC from 10 years ago. I guess that shows how much DACs have improved in recent years.

Jonny66

Novice Member
My understanding is the Node DAC is nothing special and would be comparable to something around £100. By contrast it was expected that the Elicit DAC would be comparable to the well regarded original Rega DAC from 10 years ago. I guess that shows how much DACs have improved in recent years.
IMO expensive dac’s are overrated these days, 5 or more years ago I could tell the difference a good dac made to an old CD player but today I really can’t tell the difference between a £100 dac and a £1500 one.

aoxomoxoa

Standard Member
IMO expensive dac’s are overrated these days, 5 or more years ago I could tell the difference a good dac made to an old CD player but today I really can’t tell the difference between a £100 dac and a £1500 one.
Do you think that's your ears or the technology?

Jonny66

Novice Member
Do you think that's your ears or the technology?
Technology, closing the gap between good and inexpensive and very good but very expensive. Too many other issues that matter more, room and speakers to name a couple of bigggies.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom