Rega Brio help needed

Going Grey Now

Morning all
A technical question - and I can’t find the answer anywhere.
5 analogue inputs on the Brio and to change then you either use a button on the front of the amp or button on the remote.
May seem a very minor issue, but does anyone know if you can change the input selection up and down?
At the moment, I am changing inputs sequentially, I.e. 1,2,3,4,5.
What I would like to be able to do is to go from (say) 3 to 4 and then back to 3 without having to scroll through 5. 1 and 2.
I suspect the answer is you can’t do it but I’m trying to carry out some back to back listening tests (e.g. CD output using inbuilt DAC v optical out from CD into external DAC).
I’m sure that in time my desire to carry out this type of “test” will disappear but for now, it’s something i’d Like to do.
Thanks

Ascotbilly

Morning - I don't think you can but it takes less than a second, surely it can't be an issue ?

Going Grey Now

Morning - I don't think you can but it takes less than a second, surely it can't be an issue ?
Thanks for the confirmation.
logic says you’re 100% right and how can it possibly matter when scrolling 1,2,3,4,5???
But for some reason, it really does!
it’s probably just me and about time I started worrying about something far more important than this.
thanks again

Apollo83

Its not just you - it is mildly incovenient.
In regular use not so much, but for your specific A/B test switching a little more.
I'm sure Rega have a very good reason for this feature.
e.g. That uni-driectional switch was measured to have least impact on the pure signal transmission from input to output... Its all about the sound!
I figure with rega we're lucky we don't have to switch sources by plugging cables round the back :D

Ascotbilly

@Going Grey Now - Did you ever get anywhere with the Ruark speakers you were asking about a couple of weeks back ?

Going Grey Now

@Going Grey Now - Did you ever get anywhere with the Ruark speakers you were asking about a couple of weeks back ?
Although I’m not quite there yet, at least I now have a plan. whether it works out or not remains to be seen.
I want to end up with a pair of refurbished Legacy speakers and my (shortened) short list now comprises several models of Ruark and Castle. I particularly like the look of Ruark talismans and Castle Severns and Conways.
I’ve found someone who refurbs old speakers professionally and either I will buy something from his stock items or buy my speaker privately and then send it off for a refurb. I am aware of the potential risks with old speakers and I know many would advise simply to buy something current.
back to the now. My Rega Brio arrived last week and since I had no speakers, I decided to buy something at the cheaper end to tide me over. I wanted something that could fill the void for several months if needed and allow me time to source my Ruark/Castle speaker without having to rush. I ended up buying a pair of MA Bronze B2s, manufactured I think in the early 2000s.
To my untrained ear they sound perfectly fine with the Brio and I think I could easily live with them for a year or so if I really had to.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
To add a bit more, I once had a Leema Pulse amp with a similar input selection. But it turned out that it used a Sony IR code set. So but selecting a Sony amp in the Harmony instead of Leema, I was able to directly select inputs. Google suggests that Rega use a Philips code set but probably best confirmed with them before splashing out on a Harmony.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom