Rega Brio Bi-Amp?

jona1971

Standard Member
Hi,

I bought my Setup 10 years ago and its been great ever since.

Now i've been messing about on e-bay and I have ended up with an extra Rega Brio Amp to match the one I have already. This is because my original salesman said something about 2 being better than one - Bi-Amping etc. I wasn't listening at the time but here we are.

Can someone please explain which lead goes where?

Many thanks in advance...:)

larkone

I am afraid you cannot bi-amp with a Rega Brio as it does not have any pre-amp outputs to connect to the second amp

sergiup

Distinguished Member
But I believe you can split the pre-amp input with some basic RCA splitters and do it that way - use something like this maybe?
The trouble is you can only really do this if you use the Brio as a power amp on a fixed (ideally unity) gain, anything else will require re-matching levels etc and would just be a massive PITA.

jona1971

Standard Member
is that from the source into 2 amps? for each source?

(If that's so I'll have a lot of spare expensive interconnects.)

NB. the second amp is a Brio 3 with Pre out / Power in, the original amp is a Brio. Er, does that help?

Thanks for putting up with my questions...

sergiup

Distinguished Member
Oh right, so you actually have two different amps? That's not indicated for bi-amping, which would actually involve two identical amps...

larkone

I checked the specs and the Rega Brio 3 does not seem to have a pre-amp out or power in. It has a tape in/out which is not the same function.

The Mira 3 has a pre-amp out, is it that one that you have?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom