Question Refurbished TX65EZ952B £1999 from Panasonic good deal?

claws

hi everyone,

I’ve been planning to upgrade my 10year old 42 Samsung led tv this coming few months as the deals on last years models improve.

I’m looking for a 65” LED £2000 maximum price point.

Main use is Sky HD channels, BluRay’s for the kids, and a lot of streaming via Netflix & Prime. Day and evening use.

I have a large projector and existing AV install for the audio & enjoying the near cinema experience, so the TV is mainly for family and general use.

Some considerations are:-
  • It’ll be wall mounted with little to no room behind to hide external power supplies (which I think Sony & Lg use)
  • Seating distance is 3m and all directly in front of the TV (no viewing angle considerations)
  • I have a single HDMI 2.0 from the TV point to the AV equipment which is impossible to change without major building work which I hope will carry the tv audio to the amp when I use the tv build in tuner. (All other hardware is connected via the AV Amp)
  • I’d like the best blacks I can afford

I’ve seen the Panasonic TX65EZ952B advertised on eBay via the official Panasonic store, it looks to be a great buy at £2k & I think fits my needs well, any opinions before I pull the trigger?

The TX-65EX750B regular LED model was the alternative on my list, is the oled worth the extra?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Dodgexander

I’d like the best blacks I can afford

I’ve seen the Panasonic TX65EZ952B advertised on eBay via the official Panasonic store, it looks to be a great buy at £2k & I think fits my needs well, any opinions before I pull the trigger?
Then this is the best option. You can't get an OLED for that price otherwise.

claws

Quick update... tv arrived in huge box yesterday so I got it unpacked and installed on the wall, all working fine, only to get home today to no standby light and it’s dead. Fuse changed, meter on the outlet to check no issues with the mains supply.

I’ve scanned various forums for similar issues and tried the recommended steps of disconnecting, holding the power on button for 60 seconds, as well as reconnecting and trying the same to no avail.

I will be calling Panasonic tomorrow to arrange for a return and refund or replacement. Really disappointing as the picture last night was really great and was looking forward to catching a film tonight! Instead have no TV in the lounge :-( any similar experiences or tricks to try and get this thing working again?

Dodgexander

@claws sorry to hear that.

Have you tried directly connecting the TV to a different outlet just in case? Doubt it's going to help but may be worth a try. Even connecting an extension lead from a different room maybe.

I also don't know if the TV is similar to my Panasonic plasma but if it is the button on the side of the TV completely turns the TV off so there is no standby light. To be able to turn the TV on after I use that button I have to press it again first on the side of the TV before I am able to use the remote to toggle standby on/off but I am sure you have already worked this out.

Seems its a risk with the outlet, it has been the same in the DX902 Bargain thread, some people got super lucky and some people like myself not.

Glad at least you have been able to return it for a refund, a couple of us had to return for repair outside of the refund period!

claws

Hi Dodgexander - thanks for the suggestions, tried them all in desperation before boxing it back up. No signs at all of life unfortunately. Old Samsung back on its mount and working fine - so wife at least happy, better still the only comment she had apart from waste of time hanging the new one, was she couldn’t read the sky guide anymore; no chance she even so much as noticed the great blacks, or vivid 4K content...

Will update the thread on the return experience I have with Panasonic when I call them tomorrow!

cobaltqube

Hi Dodgexander - thanks for the suggestions, tried them all in desperation before boxing it back up. No signs at all of life unfortunately. Old Samsung back on its mount and working fine - so wife at least happy, better still the only comment she had apart from waste of time hanging the new one, was she couldn’t read the sky guide anymore; no chance she even so much as noticed the great blacks, or vivid 4K content...

Will update the thread on the return experience I have with Panasonic when I call them tomorrow!
Hi claws,

I know it’s been a while since your post, but what did you end up going for? Did you return the ez952 ans was it no frills with the Panasonic outlet? Only asking as I have now ordered the 65ez952 but this does not inspire confidence and have read of a couple of issues with Refurb causing issues straight after being delivered! Makes me think whether they actually fully test the sets at all...

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
You’re gambling if you buy new, used or refurb.

Only thing you need to concern yourself with is customer service.

claws

hi cobaltqube - the panasonic outlet customer services were very good, although they were not able to replace the unit as no others were in stock, they offered a full refund & collected quickly, no quibbles at all. I chose to go for a TX65DX750 and it's been perfect in every way. I was worried that the quality would be a bit disappointing, but I've been really pleased with it & I'm pleased with the outcome. I purchased from Richer Sounds.

cobaltqube

hi cobaltqube - the panasonic outlet customer services were very good, although they were not able to replace the unit as no others were in stock, they offered a full refund & collected quickly, no quibbles at all. I chose to go for a TX65DX750 and it's been perfect in every way. I was worried that the quality would be a bit disappointing, but I've been really pleased with it & I'm pleased with the outcome. I purchased from Richer Sounds.
Hi @claws, thanks for your reply - mine should be arriving on Weds, and thankfully with their good customer service as you stated, I’m a little more at ease should something go wrong!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom