Refurbished Oled from Richer sounds.

The Knight Who says Ni

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wanted to get peoples opinion on buying a refurbished Oled TV from Richer sounds.

The TV is an LG OLED55BX6LB and it states that it is refurbished not ex-display or a customer return and comes with a 12-month warrenty. The price is currently showing as £759.

I wanted to see what people think before I enquire about it. Is it a good or bad deal? Should I buy a refurbished Oled? and any other advice people any have.

Thank you for any help in advance!

I'd have no issues buying a refurbished TV, I've bought a couple. But I'd at least want the option to extend that warranty, 12 Months on it would put me off.

The Sony Centres do refurbished and you can stick a 5-year warranty on them for a reasonable and negotiable cost.
New products usually come into stock on a Thurs/Fri but the bargains go quick.

From what the website says they do not offer extended guarantees on clearance / refurbished items. I'll wait until the end of the week and see what Sony have to offer.

Thank you!

I've found you're possibly better phoning your local Sony Centre as opposed to doing it online or calling their central number. Individual franchisees, or at least mine, in my experience, are more open to a bit of dealing to get the sale.

Last years Premium Sony OLED. 65AG9. £1499

It was £4K at launch but it was launched in 2019. Doesn't quite have the brightness of the 2021 Sony models. Nice price though.

Last edited:
Try the panasonic store on ebay there may even be a code about for £75 off. I brought a tv from there last yr it was basically brand new or j lewis outlet stores if you have one near you. Sevonoaks have a gx 55 for £899 in clearance with full warranty usually 5 yr

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice, everyone, I'm going to keep an eye out for a good deal, unfortunately, my budget only stretches to £600 - £700 but I don't mind waiting to see what comes along.

I was concerned that a refurbished product might be prone to breaking and not last very long but if I can get the warranty that would resolve that concern.

The cx in sevonoaks is a good price and they do a 12 month interest free if any good to you. I think 6 to 700 might be a bit low

I appreciate the suggestion. The budget is just one I've set for myself, I wasn't even considering an Oled until I saw that refurb in RS.

When I googled John Lewis outlet stores it just showed me the main website, do they go by a different name or is it just the clearance section on the website?

I appreciate the suggestion. The budget is just one I've set for myself, I wasn't even considering an Oled until I saw that refurb in RS.

When I googled John Lewis outlet stores it just showed me the main website, do they go by a different name or is it just the clearance section on the website?
JL don’t have outlets/online clearance on individual items, they just have clearance items in their individual stores, so you need to go in (assume that’s what the poster was referring to)

In Swindon in there outlet retail park there is a john lewis store. They always have tvs in there on deals.

In Swindon in there outlet retail park there is a john lewis store. They always have tvs in there on deals.
But the poster is in Cheshire ….

I didnt know that and i was meaning originally if there was one up buy him

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom