Refurbing a house, wiring it for the future???

Mark300ZX

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am refurbing a house at the moment and it is completely gutted, I am after some advice on how to wire it up to future proof it, TIA for any advice?

Minimum 3 x Cat6 and 2 x Coax to each potential TV location, wired back to a central location.

A few Cat6 points in each room at skirting or desk height for plugging in other devices

Cat6 to potential WIfi Access Points locations

Ceiling Speaker cable if you want to go down the multiroom audio route

For any Home Cinema room run Speaker cable to likely speaker points

For HA then it will really depend which system you want as they can be wired differently or wireless

Thanks may I ask why 3x cat 6 to each room?

Cat6 to each Tv Location

1 HD TV Distribution
1 Smart TV Connection
1 HA Control of TV or a Spare

Im sure this is going to be a stupid question but why coax?

All our TV will be streamed via a HDMI matrix / cat 6

Another question, the TV/internet will probably be Virgin, would it be better to set the router/TV box up on the ground and spread it to all the floors from there or better to site it in the loft and distribute it down to the rooms from there?

Another question, the TV/internet will probably be Virgin, would it be better to set the router/TV box up on the ground and spread it to all the floors from there or better to site it in the loft and distribute it down to the rooms from there?

Are you spreading the equipment about or going for a node zero?

Since the house is completely gutted I will be going for Node Zero, my only question would be whether to place the central point in the cellar or loft?

Also what's going to be easier for access?

I'd imagine there will be times you are in and out of there repeatedly when setting up new equipment

TBH the cellar and lift are both easy easily accessible.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom