Refurbed 360

fatfingers73

Had a couple of hours on GH2 last night on my recently returned 360, I thought I would check how much heat it was throwing out. The air blowing out the side and the back was cold (really cold like aircon). The extra heatsink seems to be doing the trick.

Touch wood :thumbsup:

geowars2

that could be a bad thing :eek: (im not saying it is but it could be)

if the fans are blowing out warm air it shows they are working. However if the heatsink is really that good then maybe it is fine.
:thumbsup:

you could try listening to how loud your fans are and you will be able to tell if it is cool or warm. (the hotter your 360 gets the faster your fans will spin) If they are very loud (like louder than the dvd drive maybe?) then it might mean your xbox 360 is hot. If they are fairly quiet then it really is cool :thumbsup:

If it isnt crashing or anything then its probably fine either way :)

funkyspider

The heatsinks job is to carry heat away from the chip. The air should blow through the heatsink and collect warmth as it moves. Cold air doesn't mean the heatsink is working properly - possibly the opposite.

fatfingers73

The heatsinks job is to carry heat away from the chip. The air should blow through the heatsink and collect warmth as it moves. Cold air doesn't mean the heatsink is working properly - possibly the opposite.

Hmmm, I see what you mean. As long as it lasts until the HDMI premiums are released (with 65nm) I'll be happy.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom