Refunds and morals

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by parody1, Dec 11, 2017.

1. parody1

parody1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A test of your morals now...

A couple of weeks ago I bought a TV and soundbar from a store that shall not be named, taking advantage of an offer they had on which discounted the total sale by £200 (I.e buy this and get £200 off that).

They had an issue putting it through the till and ended up doing a discount on the soundbar and putting the TV through at full price.

Since then I decided I wanted a different TV, a bigger one. I went to store, got a full refund on the TV ( I tend to get refunds and rebuy rather than exchange to keep the receipts tidy). The replacement TV I wanted wasn’t in stock, so off I went.

It’s now occurred to me that I have managed to get the soundbar with £200 off without having to buy the TV, and I’m free to get the TV somewhere else, cheaper maybe.

So
    1) Morally would you feel obliged to rebuy the TV from the same big name department store, just to complete the offer as it was originally intended

2) Is there anything they can do to chase me on the fact I effectively owe them £200?!!

2. ChrisKz

ChrisKz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I would purchase from the same retailer , they have shown you that they respect their customers by refunding you ( I guess it was a no quibble refund) . Maybe the next retailer wouldn't be so caring towards customers .

3. DevonMike

DevonMike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Bit of a tricky one that only you can decide in regards of the £200 I suppose as its processed they could quite easily deduct it from the refund if paid by card.

4. chrisgal

chrisgal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    This will be Currys then.

I’d worry not one bit about the morality issue. They certainly didn’t when they sold an elderly family member of mine an £80 HDMI cable, along with the TV they bought, stating it was necessary to ensure they got the best picture