Refunding my Sanyo Z3?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by CrispyXUK, Mar 16, 2006.

1. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi all,

Bought a Z3 from Nexnix in September, It had a brightness uniformity problem and was sent to get fixed, returned with a replaced LCD prism but now it has problems with blacks, on a black screen the top and bottom corners are green tinged, the guys who do repairs say that sanyo need to re-calibrate it but its doing my head in, how do I go about getting a refund?

Cheers

2. throwit

throwit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    i think you may have polarizer or lcd issues...to check the lcds do this check...

what you do is get a piece of card about a5 sized, and hold it about six inches from the lens with a black image being projected, refocus the projector...if you see small bright patches of grids or lines that are brighter than the rest of the image, you may have dead pixels - never had the opportunity to try this on a dlp, but i know it works for lcd

my lp240 did have what you describe a year ago, and that's when i discovered the above test, it seemed to arise from widescreen borders causing "pixel boredom"

you can see shots of sp5000 dead pixels here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2537686&postcount=6

anyway, as far as a refund goes, you can argue that the unit is "not fit for purpose" the consumer advice line can assist you in getting a refund...consumer advice line 08454 040506