Refund To Credit Card Thats In Credit??

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I will be able to get my money back to my credit card for an item which I purchased and the company has now seemingly gone under???

I am in credit with the credit card company but I used the credit card to pay so as I could eat away at my credit and it looks likely they have gone bust.

The delivery company confirmed that the business that I purchased from has retrieved all their goods that they had for delivery with them and they're now not answering any calls made to them and I have not received my goods :(.

In a bit of a panic here.

If you used your card and it was over £100, I'm 100% sure you're covered.
They are 'jointly and severally' liable.
So they should refund you the money for a company going out of business and you not receiving the goods.:thumbsup:
You'll then be back in credit on your CC and can buy the item again elsewhere.

It was for £279, and thank the stars for that, just rang them and they are sending me a form to fill in, sign and return.

The rubbish part of it is that I had to cancel the delivery for yesterday as I had an appointment or else i would have received the item, and last night they turfed up and retrieved all their goods from the shipper, just my flaming luck!!!

Cheers all.

Having been on the receiving end of CC fraud, it's impressive to see how efficiently CC companies deal with problems like mine and yours.
You go from panicking to relieved in the space of a phone call.
Glad it's sorted for you.

Having been on the receiving end of CC fraud, it's impressive to see how efficiently CC companies deal with problems like mine and yours.
You go from panicking to relieved in the space of a phone call.
Glad it's sorted for you.
Unless you're my missus, who only uses her credit card for Amazon and a couple of other places (everything else card-wise goes on the joint account one).

With that in mind, we found it odd that it took them so long to alert her to the fact that 'her card' had been used by someone to withdraw cash from various places over the course of a few days while staying in a hotel on it. They only did this when querying a fairly large purchase made in US dollars on it a bit later, which was the transaction that made alarm bells ring, finally.

The fraudsters had also changed her address with the card issuer, and her telephone number, without the issuer batting an eyelid. It was only pure chance of them forgetting to change her mobile number that the issuer was able to contact her. Otherwise, it could have gone on for the rest of the month.

It wasn't quick to sort, either. Thankfully, like you say, 99 per cent of the time card issuers are brilliant. And, needless to say, she cut up the replacement card and won't be using that ussuer again, for anything.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom