1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refund for mail order TV purchase

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Bonzaimaster, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Bonzaimaster

Bonzaimaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I returned my Philips 9527 because of the auto-switching problem. Philips customer services believed that I had a faulty set.

The retailer has refunded the cost of the TV but not the delivery charge (£35). Is it reasonable for me to expect to have the p&p refunded as well because the TV was deemed to be faulty.

Incidentally, I did not have to pay anything to get the TV returned. The courier was arranged by the retailer who came and picked it up from my house.

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    i had the same problem when i returned my tv to prc direct.i lost £ 50.00 but because of the problems i had with that company i just let them have it. i was just happy to get the refund for the tv.

3. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Binesh, although it would be good practice to refund you everything, I'm not sure where you stand legally.

When a cancellation of contract occurs (item not faulty) the purchaser is entitled to a complete refund but is expected to bear the return costs.

I think to clarify your situation you should contact trading standards. Phone the branch local to the retailler and not you and explain that Philips have deemed the TV faulty. They'll give you a clear-cut answer.

4. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +670
    I've just returned a TV, & have been told I will be given a full refund, including delivery. I was told by the retailer that if I just rejected the set under the Distance Selling Act, I would have to pay the delivery, but If I rejected the TV due to a fault, then I was entitled to a full refund of all charges. Were I you, I'd be asking for the delivery charge back.

5. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    thats exactly right, you are entitled to a FULL refund if the goods are certified faulty. You should only pay for delivery if the goods are rejected as not suitable.