Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Refresh rates (powerstrip) and auto switching

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Dodgey, May 27, 2002.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, thanks to all your help I now have powerstrip working with my PTA100. It is awesome. Can't compare to regular dvd player :)

I am running wide480 at 60 hz. I hear it is good to run region 1 disks at 72hz? is this right. I've run region 1 and 2 disks at 60hz and it looks great.

Also, if it is worth switching, I hear there is some sort of utility for recognising the region of a disk you insert which then does the switching for you?

Thanks

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Panel projectors (LCD, DLP, LCOS) tend to have an optimum refresh rate (usually 60Hz). Running at any other rate will lead to more stutter and tearing.

Jeff

3. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been doing some tests recently and found that 60hz seems to the sweet spot for panel projectors. I haven't come to a complete conclusion yet but I believe that having a high refresh rate like 75hz can actually increase screendoor....

4. Rob.Screene

Rob.Screene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
  5. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Rob's DVDautorefresh utility is very cool, but the AE100 (in common with other digital projectors) has a fixed refresh rate as I understand it. I believe you'll find that no matter what rate you give it, it'll only change it back to 60hz.