• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Refresh Rate

Razzatron

Standard Member
I'm upgrading my system and am in the market for a new TV, budget of about £1,000.

One thing that I've been looking out for is the refresh rate due to the fact I watch a lot of sport and action movies. During my research I have noticed that these seem to vary dramatically.

As an example, I was close to buying the Panasonic Viera TX-50AS600B LED HD which has a refresh rate of 100hz but for the same cash the Samsung UE50H6400 LED HD comes in at 400hz!!

Am I placing too much emphasis on the refresh rate or am I missing a trick here?

Manatleisure

I'd look for this in the specs to help you decide as they are on paper the best motion rates...

Samsung - 700CMR or more
LG - 800MCI or more
Sony - 800 motionflow
Panasonic - 1200BLB or more

there are only 3 types of LED tv panels - 50hz,100hz and 200hz. 400hz is CMR which is a 100hz on the Samsung 6400.

at your budget, on reviews so far the Sony 50W829 might be worth a look at £899.

Ultimately its a numbers game and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom