Refoaming my missions

markLeiper

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
new member here,
I have a bit of a dilemma. I have a pair of mission 762s I bought them new when they first come out, the woofer foam has given up and there are rubber surrounds available for this model my question is would the rubber alter the tone a lot or should I replace like for like with the foam.
These speakers are very dear to me and have seen me through many a bad time and marriages and divorces and would like to keep them in top condition.
Opinions appreciated

the woofer foam has given up and there are rubber surrounds available for this model

Are you saying that one option would be to purchase new drive units which have rubber surrounds rather than the foam of the originals? Or are you saying you can buy just the rubber surround and fit it to your knackered drive units yourself?

I changed my Mission 770's into a Focal kit speaker when the bass/mid units gave up for the second time! First time, Mission replaced the drive units when the speakers were almost 5 years old. Bit of a long shot (because of their age) but you could ask Mission for replacement drive units.

The rubber surround won't make any difference it will just last longer.

Hi dogfonos yes I have the options of rubber or foam surrounds to make good my 762s, I was more concerned about the difference in tonal quality between the two, as scotthehat has kindly stated that the rubber surround won't alter the sound then thats what I will do. Many thanks gents

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom