Reflex Sight vs Red dot Sight

majnu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides looking visually different is there any real difference between the two, can anyone test them out?

Reflex to me implies it maybe faster ADS when using it in comparison to the Red dot.

Like in MW2 the holographic sight had less bullet spray in comparison to the Red dot when ADS and hip firing without steady aim. Could it be that the reflex sight is the holographic sight equivalent?

Zero magnification and quicker ADS.

Im not sure if this is accurate, from Cod Wiki...

''The Reflex is a sight in Call of Duty: Black Ops and is very similar to the Red Dot Sight. It features a customizable reticule just like the Red Dot Sight. The differences between this sight and the Red Dot Sight are only aesthetic, meaning the choice is only the player's preference. However, on some weapons, the reflex sight can be slightly more obstructive than the Red Dot Sight. ''

I prefer the Reflex but have not noticed any real difference between the two.

Haven't used the reflex site but just wanted to say Maj your a thread starting monster, that's about 190 threads you've started dude:laugh: in under 2 years, I've done 13 in 2 years:rotfl:

screenshot.54d10030cc86b1b994d04fdc127afe35.648767954676_med.jpg

screenshot.54d10030cc86b1b994d04fdc127afe35.649564020468_med.jpg

Not much in it. hmmmmmm

Haven't used the reflex site but just wanted to say Maj your a thread starting monster, that's about 190 threads you've started dude:laugh: in under 2 years, I've done 13 in 2 years:rotfl:

Does that mean that my threads single handedly bring in the traffic to the AVF XBOX 360 FPS Section? I think I deserve some kind of medal for that :thumbsup:

Does that mean that my threads single handedly bring in the traffic to the AVF XBOX 360 FPS Section? I think I deserve some kind of medal for that :thumbsup:

No, it means they are gonna start charging you for using up all the bandwidth :smashin:

The only gun I have tried both Reflex and Red Dot on is the MP5K and just didnt get on with the Reflex. Seemed a little big for the gun.

Reflex on an Aug works very well though!

reflex defo zooms in slightly more than the red dot.

reflex defo zooms in slightly more than the red dot.

reflex takes up too much of the screen,thats why i dont like using it.same as the holo in mw2.the size of the sight put me off.

For what it's worth, playing in 3D the reflex sight acts very much as a holosight - effectively seeming to paint the dot off in the distance on your target.

I haven't actually used the red dot sight in 3D yet but I assume it acts like a normal red dot in real life and just paints a dot in your near vision just like a normal scope.

Reflex sight takes up to much room on screen, cant see bad guys outside of the sight picture, makes it impossible to switch from target to target.
Still, down to personal preference i guess.

Reflex is too big for me. Blocks too much screen.

I know you can camo it and customise it more which is maybe why some people use it.

I know the Holo in MW2 worked slightly differently with aim assist, and also gave the Fal more damage.
But not seen anything like that about the Reflex yet.

I prefer the Reflex Sight on my 'go to' Famas class...don't have any particular reason, just 'feels' better to me....

I've been trying out Reflex after getting annoyed that opponents with Reflex were out zooming my ACOG. Well, my Reflex has less zoom so what the hell? Is this to do with people setting the safe-area deliberately small or something?

Reflex is too big for me. Blocks too much screen.

I know you can camo it and customise it more which is maybe why some people use it.

I know the Holo in MW2 worked slightly differently with aim assist, and also gave the Fal more damage.
But not seen anything like that about the Reflex yet.

Weird that holo scope thing on the FAL - didn't change any other gun but did just enough to change the SP Slienced FAL into a 2 hit kill.

They'll be oddities like that in black ops, but probably not from the reflex scope which has been heavily tested now + without SP it'd need to be a pretty big damage jump to make any real difference in terms of bullets to kill. I woudln't be suprised if something regarding recoil, ADS times or centre-speed turned up though.

It's just user preference, and which sight they prefer on each gun. Mine's usually the RDS, although Reflex sights show up more camo.

I've been trying out Reflex after getting annoyed that opponents with Reflex were out zooming my ACOG. Well, my Reflex has less zoom so what the hell? Is this to do with people setting the safe-area deliberately small or something?

What is the safe area? I change it once, seems to alter where the score and ammo counters are?

I haven't done enough testing to notice any difference so far, will need to setup a copy class with the only difference being the sight and see if anything jumps out at me.

What is the safe area? I change it once, seems to alter where the score and ammo counters are?

It's just the markers for where the edge of your HUD will finish, I just push it out to the max when I first get the game and I'm good to go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom