1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reflections

Discussion in 'Past Entries' started by monocrider, Jul 25, 2005.

1. monocrider

monocrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Taken at my local park, this is the bandstand reflected in the adjacent lake.

The original photo is pretty conventional, but following a crop, and most importantly rotation by 180 degrees, I got this image.

Sorry the image is quite small, but I had trouble getting it down to 100K in size without getting really nasty JPEG side-effects.

Taken with a Canon Powershot G6.
    Photoshop (elements) treatments:
    Crop
    Rotate by 180 degrees
    Levels
    Curves

Sadly I've broken my promise of last month to take a pohoto specifically for the comp this time - "new dad" duties mean that 99% of this months pictures are baby related ! This picture was taken in June, so is pretty recent - hopefully next month's entry will be taken specifically for the comp !

Reagrds,
    John

Attached Files:

2. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fits the theme perfectly & the in focus flowers & steps add a surreal feel to it.....oh & conratulations on the kiddy :thumbsup: ...& you think you'll have more time next month :suicide: ;)

3. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    I agree, that is a top photo. I love the way that you can only just make out what it is. Fits this month's theme perfectly but also would have worked for the Sept 04 theme of "water".

Congrats on your new arrival - perhaps the winner this month will choose "baby" and then you'll be sorted!