Reflect on this!!

SmokeyBubbles

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

In the market for a laptop and trying to find a good, light, fairly powerful, non-reflective, laptop for £600 - £700 and struggling.

It seems most manufacturers are obsessed with how their product looks in the showroom vs how usable it is in daily life! I have owned several “glossy” screen models over the years and have sworn never again as I occasionally work from home and have often dreamed about working in the garden, something that is impossible with reflective screens.

I visited Curry’s and noticed the only matte screen laptops were the Samsungs, which is good news for me as I am a bit of a Samsung boy, but the two models they displayed were either; £469 for something pretty ugly and bulky, or, £1000+ for something slim and beautiful – nothing in the middle.

Does anyone else know of any laptops that have matte screens in the more mid-price range?

What is your budget?
£500 - £750

What size laptop do you want?
13.4 – 15.6

Do you have resolution requirements?
No

Do you prefer a matte or glossy (reflective) screen?
Matte

What will you be using the laptop for?
Work, some light web design, internet

If you will be gaming, what games do you need to play?
NA

How long does the battery need to last?
4hrs

Does it need to be portable?
Yes

Do you require Blu-Ray?
NO

Do you require HDMI output?
NO

Do you have a preferred brand?
Samsung

Are there brands you would prefer to avoid?
Sony

Would you be happy with a refurbished laptop?
No

Any other details you feel necessary... Colour; Webcam; Good quality speakers; general spec: CPU, RAM, HDD space, SSD; Operating System or anything else you can think of.
Solid State Hard-drive

Appreciate the reply.

Without wanting to sound ungrateful I was really hoping for some pointers on models to look out for, anyone with experience of other laptops with matte screens, any other laptops on the horizon that might cause a price drop soon etc.

Not to worry – thanks.

By-the-by: quite a few posts point people towards saveonlaptops – any good?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom