1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REFERENZ-DVD PAL Test Disk

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nic Rhodes, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I don't know quite where to post this but I will stick it here for now as projector guys seem more interested in proper setup than tv users.

Well a posting on the Tag web site has found this. A PAL DVD setup disc. I don't know what it is like but many of us have been waiting for this for ages. I get the impression it is not new!

What about pushing a supplier to get a load in. Has anyone got any links with DVD suppliers?
    http://www.burosch.de/englisch/

This might be the PAL version of AVIA or VE. What are peoples thoughts when they look at the web site. There are even some test patterns to down load. Useful?

It is PAL, R0 :) :D :D

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Nic,

I have it. It's not the PAL version of V.E or AVIA by any stretch of the imagination.

Of course all menus are in German. How is your German these days..... It has sections on audio set up etc along with geometric test patterns for 4:3 and Anamorphic. It's got colour bars and it's possibly got other stuff hidden in it....but I don't speak German....

I do have a German lad coming over to stay with me and my g/friend for a few days in 7 days time though so I'm going to make him translate all the menu's so I can work out what exactly is on it.

Just now I just use it for PAL geometry on CRT's......

Gordon.

I got mine free...I'd hold off for the PAL V.E. or AVIA

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Gordon

It was the PAL geometry bit I was most interested in. I have AVIA and VE (both NTSC) but feel I need a PAL alternative as well. I have several disc with the audio set up stuff already which isn't country standard dependent.

Are AVIA and VE planning PAL versions? If so I will hold out, does anyone know?

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Joe Kane stated in his interview in HCC that they were working on a PAL version of V.E.

I suspect that it may be just a "reference" V.E. with Pal and NTSC stuff on it although I think that may be against DVDforum rules.

While at ISF training the "powers that be" intimated that V.E., AVIA, and Widescreen Review magazine were all working on new "super" test discs for release this year.

Gordon

P.S. The Referenze test patterns I use for geometry are pretty crappy....