1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reduction of Sound in Right Speaker (Help)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by stanleyk, Sep 3, 2003.

1. stanleyk

stanleyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELP!!! I have finally managed to set my speakers up at a reasonable distance apart and got them on some speaker stands, however now i have done this my stereo seems to sound predominantly left sided (as you look at it) especially at low volumes, i have checked the wiring and it seems to be all correct, can anyone please help, System Cambridge Audio Amp, celestion Speakers and QED Silver Anniv Bi Wire cable, hopefully i do not need any replacement parts but any help is much appreciated

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    Does the volume knob have a rotating 'balance dial' underneath that can be turned independently. The notch in the volume knob and the notch in the balance dial do not have to line up with each other. This info is based on a Cambridge Audio A1 and may be the same on other models.

3. stanleyk

stanleyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is indeed a balance dial, working on the A300, so I will give that a go, I had tried it but was working on the theory that it should be directly in the middle, will give it a try

thanks for the help

4. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    In theory you are correct. On my dads however the two dials are slightly out of phase to get balanced sound.;)

5. stanleyk

stanleyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sweet i'll give it a go

cheers