• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reducing Virgin cost

diggerbarnes

Standard Member
Hi, just talked to Virgin about reducing the monthly bill. The main recommendation was to switch from Large to Medium broadband - this means going from 10Mb to 2Mb.

Right now I think the speed is really good - I mainly use the internet for email and browsing, and occasional downloads.

Is it possible to predict how different going to 2Mb would be ?

Thanks, Digger

diggerbarnes

Standard Member
Yeah thats what I figured - its a bit like pipes - a small amount of water will go through a large or small pipe, but as soon as you have a lot of water you need a bigger pipe !

One thing I forgot to mention was the occaisional on-line gaming (PS3 / Wii).

I take the point about downloads - but if I am just browsing, using email, or on-line gaming, will I notice the difference ?

Cheers

Ned Senior

I thought large was 20mb, medium = 10mb , and 2mb was the small?

is it xl, l, and m with no s?

yup XL L and M oh and there's the super xl 50meg as you probably know (don't think that is it's name TBH tho')
nearly went with them for the 50 last week but changed my mind due to the £80 upfront + double first bill...

didn't accyuklad mention 48meg o2 on one of the other threads being a "coming soon" event??
I asked o2 customer service last night but they said BT are upgrading and if that brings faster speeds then yes they will be available

cheers

Ned

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom