• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reducing My Remote Count

Forestred

Established Member
Guys,

After hiding in the gaming section of the forums I thought I’d venture out for some advice, I am looking at buying a remote that will replace the following remotes in my living room:

Sky remote (not sky+ yet!)
TV (The new remote must be able to select the AV sources on the TV)
DVD/Surround sound unit
Hauppauge WinTV 350
Remote control light switch

I need all the usual sky features i.e. TV guide, text, backup, services, set-up, coloured buttons etc.
The remote will need to be able to learn the functions of the Hauppauge remote (play, pause, fast forward, rewind, record and others).
Macro facility would be nice but certainly not essential, I have been looking at the One 4 All Mosaic which a friend has, he says it is awkward to get set-up but works very well once it is set-up and I also looked at a Cambridge Audio model.

I would like to spend £70 tops can anyone suggest a remote or is my budget too low for this kind of expectation?

Thanks
Paul

S

salnajjar

You'll find that the Logitech Harmony range of remotes will do what you need. They're quite highly regarded and there's a lot of models to choose from. I personally have the 885 but it's a little outside of your budget (even if it is an object of desire).

Have a look here:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=UFNTaG93UmVzdWx0cw==

The 525 will do what you need and come in on budget. I'd also advise doing a quick search on these forums for other peoples opinions on them.

Seri

Forestred

Established Member
Cheers,

Am now in the process of buying the remote, I even have the missus' approval would you believe!!

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Yeah, see you offered the asking price which has obviously been accepted.

It might take you a couple of goes on the Logitech website to get it set up properly but, believe me, it is worth it.

Let's know how you get on.

Cheers,

Martin.

Forestred

Established Member
I've got the remote which is quite a nice ergonomic design, however I can't get the damn thing setup how I want it at the moment. I have set up 'watch TV' as an action but by default it sets it to turn my Pace sky box on, this is never switched off as it can be a real arse to turn back on often not responding for a few minutes; I don't seem to be able to edit this feature.

This is most likely something that I am doing wrong but at the moment I am finding it awkward to programme.

czzer

Established Member
Forestred said:
I've got the remote which is quite a nice ergonomic design, however I can't get the damn thing setup how I want it at the moment. I have set up 'watch TV' as an action but by default it sets it to turn my Pace sky box on, this is never switched off as it can be a real arse to turn back on often not responding for a few minutes; I don't seem to be able to edit this feature.

This is most likely something that I am doing wrong but at the moment I am finding it awkward to programme.

Go to "More options" for the Pace device, then "Power settings". Select "This device has no power buttons".

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom