• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reducing Input Lag on the new Samsung LED as well as on Series 5, 6, 7 and 8

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
As most of you are aware, game mode reduces input lag at the cost of image quality. To bypass this problem, plug the game console into the HDMI port listed as HDMIX/DVI. On the 46B750, it is HDMI3/DVI.

Then Press the Menu button on the remote > Input > Edit Name > HDMIX/DVI and set it to PC.

You should now be able to select Movie Mode and WRAM 2.

PS: I would like to thank boxrick for the idea:thumbsup:

Please Note: The Above Does Not Apply to 2010 (C) Series.

Last edited:

phorenzik

Thanks. No noticeable lag on my PS3 when in this mode. (46B650) Be aware that it does not let you choose 'screen fit' although it is actually displaying 1:1 pixel mapping even though it sates it's in 16:9 mode.

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
Yes, 1:1 is automatically enabled

@cheddington, on the 46B750, it's ~31ms ref. to the Dell 2209WA, so that would make it around ~50ms (still far too high IMO)

Last edited:

BName

Banned
HDMIX/DVI is what on the A6 ? HDMI 2 ?

BName

Banned
Hi bekko

Do you tried this method?

Feedback please :)

Thanks

Pedro

I think HDMIX/DVI is hdmi port 2 on the tv which is how i have had my x360 for quite some time now and named it to pc. The lag is sometimes worse than others but most the time it is ok i think it is down to the games etc though.

phil_75

Does anyone know if it works on M86 models?

Do you still keep Game Mode on?

I think Game Mode makes picture look better on ps3 if you callibrate it! (Games only)

jmase

I tried this but after i had renamed to PC it wouldnt let me select Game mode. It was greyed out and set to Off. Surely if Game mode is OFF input lag will be higher when using this trick?

Please correct me if im wrong, but ive been using HDMI with game mode enabled on my B650 and cant feel any input lag in games such as MW2, Halo 3, gears 2.

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
It is gray because both game mode and PC mode are identical. So there's no reason to enable game mode within the PC mode.;)

Eighthours

Standard Member
Thanks for this. Will try it out with my PS3 so that I don't have to keep switching Game Mode on/off when changing between games and movies.

So basically, you can replicate your existing picture settings entirely (apart from Motion Plus, presumably...)

Pete James

Standard Member
Should I get the Samsung series 32B5505 or the sony KLDv5500 for dvd's and gaming? Apparenly the sony has little input lag? Is this samsung good for gaming with this pc mode or is it only ok?

shankly1985

anyone have any reviews on doing this trick? is it any better or just the same, also if you already have a pc pluged into hdmi/dvi port do you just use another port and then use game mode onpc?
thanks

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
The above doesn't apply to the newer models. The C series allows users to configure all essential options under Game Mode.

shankly1985

The above doesn't apply to the newer models. The C series allows users to configure all essential options under Game Mode.

Ok thanks its just when I test my TV for smearing on the PC input and getting none at all, but when playing a dark game on ps3 like dead space, all blacks are smearing. I was thinking on trying this trick.

Edit plus you also get to use movie mode on ps3 this way, witch I like using on sky HD box

Mangu45

Novice Member

I have the c7000 and have it on game mode and named the port pc. From far a cant see the enemies real well in mw3. So what you're saying that I can just have it on game mode and not have lagging issues?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom