Reducing bruising

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT53

Hey guys,

Had a fight the other night! Ok, so it was an MMA fight and I was competing but I took a massive kick to the kidney and back area. I've attached a photo for you all to see:rotfl:

Any tips on how to reduce the bruising?

Attachments

mjn

Distinguished Member
Looks like no bruise i've seen before.......this is my worst one:

DT53

Looks like no bruise i've seen before.......this is my worst one:

That looks painful! My mum's friend is a doctor and she said it's pretty common because of where I got hit. She said it will reduce but I want gone sooner than later lol.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Heat pads/compresses(about 2 days after it, up to then, cold packs and compresses), and Vitamin K cream or Gel.

DT53

Heat pads/compresses(about 2 days after it, up to then, cold packs and compresses), and Vitamin K cream or Gel.
Brilliant. Thanks for this I'll give it a go. Luckily it doesn't hurt, and for those who want to know I won the fight in the 4th round:cool:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
It's all about heat and warmth after its set in..until it does, cold/Ice is the way to go
And the Vitamin K is good for reducing it..also works well for thread veins, old mens noses, etc:rotfl:

rousetafarian

Now call me cynical, but surely anyone in a MMA fight would know how to treat bruising unless it was your first time.

Compression is the way forward, as advised by my Nan's GP when she dropped a sideboard on her leg, for the first time.

DT53

Holding up today's newspaper or an AVF sign? ;)
It was my first ever official fight after around six months of training. If you really require an AVF sign (not that I have to prove anything) then I'm happy to do so;)

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
How to reduce bruise.. hmm.. don't get kicked :p

Pretty sweet bruise though, congrats :smashin:

rousetafarian

It was my first ever official fight after around six months of training. If you really require an AVF sign (not that I have to prove anything) then I'm happy to do so;)
Hey, I was just kidding...my wife is into MMA and trains 4 or 5 times a week so I know what kind of bruises you can get. Recover soon pal!

DT53

Hey, I was just kidding...my wife is into MMA and trains 4 or 5 times a week so I know what kind of bruises you can get. Recover soon pal!
Ahh ok sorry for being snappy. Can be hard to read a joke sometimes through text lol.

I'll recover I'm sure it doesn't hurt, just looks much worse than it is.

fragdude

When I get bruised like that, I tell my wife to get me a steak to put on it, it doesn't work and I don't put the steak on it, but I do get a juicy steak for my tea ;)

John

rub marmite into it and re-apply in the morning

John

If you want to show off your bruising, fair enough.
but if your concerned about what to do. Your GP is then answer not AVF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom