1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reducing artifacts on fast moving images

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by paulmc, May 9, 2005.

1. paulmc

paulmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a Optoma H30a and think it is an excellent picture on the verge of 3D, well you know what i mean.

The only thing that is annoying is when the camera stays still and the actor moves quickly to one side he goes not so much out of focus but he goes funny for want of a better word. Like his face kind of breaks up then catches up again when he slows or stops.

The Sharp Z1000 we have at work does the same but only on really fast images. If I am watching superbikes going past the camera they seem to break up in a similar way.

Not sure if that really makes sense or not.

If you do understand what I am trying to explain how can I reduce this or indeed stop it, I would say progressive does make it worse I am using a Pio 575 on component leads supplied with the dvd and on a white cloth sheet tacked to the wall till my screen arrives

any ideas :confused:

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    That is the biggest critisism over the H30a is it's video processing. If you buy something like the Samsung HD-745/945, the Denon DVD-1910 or better still the Denon DVD-2910, they all have built in Faroudja video processors/de-interlacers which will then do the progressive scanning and take the job away from the Optoma. This will reduce the problem you mention significantly. The Denon 1910 and the Samsungs are available for under £200 !!

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    However, do be aware that this 'fizzing' anomaly is one of the downsides to DLP.

To my eyes, it is usually down to the DVD disk quality.

Pete.

4. paulmc

paulmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I take it my new pio 575 does not have the same capabilities as the Faroudja equiped DVDs. Looks like that was a waste of £100 :(

I was playing again last light and found that progressive is deffo better than interlace, must have got them mixed up the other day.

I seem to get best results with Progressive, sharpness @ fine and BNR on.

I missed this 'fizzing' when reading through the forum. wouldnt mind but I though I had everything covered.

So it looks like better buy a better dvd one of the 3 mentioned this should help but it will always be there.

I take it the Sharp Z1000 has a better chip set, the one at work plays through a Pio 565 and only suffers this on very fast images

thanks lads

Paul

will proper leads help?

5. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    make sure your video cables are true 75 Ohm, are well screened and fitted with decent, tight fitting plugs.

Jeff :rtfm:

6. paulmc

paulmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if the are 75Ohm or not they came with the Optima, not the dvd as I first though.

I am off the buy a Samsung HD 850 see how that does, will be using a DVI lead. hope this helps