Reduced Speeds

Member 328449

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am on an 8Meg line and normally get d/l speeds of around 770kb/s. However for a few days I have only been getting around 100kb/s. I have checked my router stats and it has shown this:

untitledhl5.jpg

My downstream is normally far higher than this Does this mean my router is to blame or my ISP?

Fusion Media networks. Excellent for speed in general, although they are a bugger for customer services.

Cheers, ever so useful!

Yes, but thanks anyway.

I tried resetting the router again anyway and it has changed the results. However, I still get the same download speeds.

untitledta6.jpg

Have you done a speed test on speedtester.bt.com? This will tell you your IP profile too... maybe with the sync speed drop so significantly the IP profile has dropped too.

Tony.

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 1000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 907 kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester

Don't know what that would mean though.

Your IP profile is set to 1000kbps, so you'll never get anymore than that. That ties in with the modem syncing at 1664kbps.

Looks like you need to phone your ISP and get them to restart the 10day learning preiod again to get the IP profile up.... for some reason your noise margin was very high on the stats when you had the lower sync speed??

Tony.

Cheers. My line is being disconnected Sunday so this is probably why. I also started a new one in my new house I am moving to. This connection started yesterday, however due to complications I can't get in there until next Wed. Looks like I'll have to be patient.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom