Redsnapper good for 70-300

BRIGHTY

Standard Member
Hi guys.
I'm looking at getting myself a tripod to go with my nikon D3100. Lenses i have are the kit 18-55, 35 prime and 70-300 vr. I'm looking at the redsnapper 3 section with a ball head. Firstly is the redsnapper man enough for the 70-300 and also which ball head can i get away with, the small cheap rsh61, or the larger rsh12?

Cheers

Brighty

Pete Delaney

Get a very sturdy tripod and head... one that can handle more weight than you currently think you need....

Less wobble = better pictures and you may in future change your equipment and find you need a new tripod to handle the extra weight.

Pete.

Firstly is the redsnapper man enough for the 70-300?

Cheers

Brighty
It's more than adequate for that setup (I use it for a Sony A850, Minolta 300/2.8 lens, vertical grip and flashgun) and that weighs an awful lot. I have the RS-283 tripod and RHS-12 ballhead and it's good for about an 8kg load. You're better off with the RS-12 as it's a heavy duty head, but it can be finely adjusted. A great combo BTW. If you have a TalkPhotography account (free), RS were doing a 10% discount for members, so worth sending an email to find out before you buy. Special Combo Package

jwramsay

Hi guys.
I'm looking at getting myself a tripod to go with my nikon D3100. Lenses i have are the kit 18-55, 35 prime and 70-300 vr. I'm looking at the redsnapper 3 section with a ball head. Firstly is the redsnapper man enough for the 70-300 and also which ball head can i get away with, the small cheap rsh61, or the larger rsh12?

Cheers

Brighty
I got all those lenses + 18-105mm

I also have the smaller ball-head and its fine.

Great tripod!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom