Redknapp gone ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillskill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just been getting a few texts saying Harry Redknapp has had to leave Spurs over allegeded charges. Yes, I know I have been guility of starting a few rumour threads in the past but I am only passing on what I have heard. Gonna hit google now and see what I can dig up.

Looks like its a similar situation to the Rafa rumours right at the beginning of the season. Been a flood of bets on Redknapp being next manager to go and bookies have slashed his odds. Would be a massive shame to Spurs a club I followed as a lad (until i realised the importance of following your local team). They have been brilliant under him so far and really looked a good prospect this year.

Harry Redknapp baffles bookies as punters pile on Spurs boss to leave White Hart Lane | Mail Online

Just been getting a few texts saying Harry Redknapp has had to leave Spurs over allegeded charges. Yes, I know I have been guility of starting a few rumour threads in the past but I am only passing on what I have heard. Gonna hit google now and see what I can dig up.

No theres a betting scam by the looks of things, odds slashed from 40/1 to 2/1 today.

Saying that nothing surprices me in football anymore.:D

OK, now I am hearing that tomorrows papers are full of Headlines RE: Some very suspect behaviour in the transfer market and financial irregularities. There have always been rumours floating around Harry and I know for a fact that the Flying squad were looking into details of a premiership manager with over 1 million in an online betting account. His name came up in the Panorama Doco a few years back that instigated Big Sam Allardyce. No smoke without fire IMHO and I said as much back in the Rafa thread at the beginning of the Season.

Load of old tosh imo ;)

I really like Redknapp, thing he's a proper character one of the few in management we have left. I loved the one when they were interviewing him after a game and his mobile rang and it was his wife and he said "She's checking I'm at football" :rotfl:

Only a matter of time IMO.

Anyone who bought Nugent for 6million and never played him must be either clueless or dodgy, and as much as I dislike 'Arry, he's not clueless.

Load of old tosh imo ;)

I really like Redknapp, thing he's a proper character one of the few in management we have left. I loved the one when they were interviewing him after a game and his mobile rang and it was his wife and he said "She's checking I'm at football" :rotfl:

Agreed mate. I'm not knocking him, I really rate him too. Lets face it, we are not exactly off our faces on excellent English Managers at the moment so it would be a massive shame if he does bow out the game for a while.

Only a matter of time IMO.

Anyone who bought Nugent for 6million and never played him must be either clueless or dodgy, and as much as I dislike 'Arry, he's not clueless.

Rafael Benítez still has a job after buying Keane, bet he's not the only manager to buy a player and have a change of mind.

Well I've just put £20 on Hart being sacked next @ 7/2, so I'd say their plan worked out nicely. :smashin:

He must've filtered 10's of millions out of Portsmouth because there's absolutely no other reason how they can be in the state they are now.

Harry's well dodgy, I like him but he's definitely always on the make.

Agreed mate. I'm not knocking him, I really rate him too. Lets face it, we are not exactly off our faces on excellent English Managers at the moment so it would be a massive shame if he does bow out the game for a while.

Wasn't having a dig at you mate :thumbsup:

My load of old tosh comment was related to his response in the sun ad about "Badge kissing" :)

if it comes out that it is a betting scandal to drive out the odds on Hart i'd expect serious repercussions...like the banning of betting on managers jobs, of course it will be very hard to prove that someone wasn't just reacting to a rumor and it spread..

however you would have thought Pompey would be a lot better of given the exodus of talent they have had over the last year, so maybe something was going on with the books?

Attachments

• gross.jpg
    gross.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 43

I think it's more a cockney stereotype all this than any real substance. When I last looked he was putting money back into portsmouth buying kranjcar.

if it comes out that it is a betting scandal to drive out the odds on Hart i'd expect serious repercussions...like the banning of betting on managers jobs, of course it will be very hard to prove that someone wasn't just reacting to a rumor and it spread..

however you would have thought Pompey would be a lot better of given the exodus of talent they have had over the last year, so maybe something was going on with the books?

Peter Storrie is Harry's best mate ! How the market can be allowed to exsist now is beyond me !

Weren't portsmouth mostly selling to clear existing debts. Imagine the players wages would be resonably high in that part of the world, not exactly cheap living in sandbanks.

He's dismissed it

EDIT: Tho that link has now words from Harry himself!

Last edited:
Alright so it might have all be another rounds of rumours......what can I say fellas. One of these days I'll have a scoop :D

Keep thinking of the incident involving Gordon Brown this week over whether he took certain drugs. Maybe we are getting to a point where practically anything however ludicrous can gain some sort of credence if you know how to work the rumour mill / blogs etc.

He must've filtered 10's of millions out of Portsmouth because there's absolutely no other reason how they can be in the state they are now.

Think the last owner Gaydamak was the only one to come out of Pompey with anything to tell the truth mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom