Redfall (2022)

In having some of this as well. ,,

Arkane does Far Cry 2 sounds absolutely epic. Can’t wait.

The more I read the more I'm looking forward to it but don't want to get my hopes up. If it's as good as Prey then I will be happy.
Some great games coming this year.

Does look good but is it just me or does some of the enemy character models look a bit ummm janky ?!?
Yeah I’d say that’s Arkane jank. It sort of goes with their games. The gun animations also a bit wonky in places too.

I don’t really mind that. My only worry with this game is the gun mechanics and feel. Arkane have struggled with this down the years, deathloop they had help from ID or machine games I think and even then it was just about ok. But previous games didn’t have as much shooty bang bang stuff as this one seems to involve. Far cry with vampires is right up my street but doesn’t work if the gunplay isn’t good. The abilities stuff will no doubt be excellent.

Yeah I’d say that’s Arkane jank. It sort of goes with their games. The gun animations also a bit wonky in places too.

I don’t really mind that. My only worry with this game is the gun mechanics and feel. Arkane have struggled with this down the years, deathloop they had help from ID or machine games I think and even then it was just about ok. But previous games didn’t have as much shooty bang bang stuff as this one seems to involve. Far cry with vampires is right up my street but doesn’t work if the gunplay isn’t good. The abilities stuff will no doubt be excellent.

Yeah think it could just be that, the gunplay I am sure once you get playing will be fine. I always find the Far Cry shooting mechanics poor but after half an hour you get used to it.

It does look fun though and hopefully a few months for a bit of polish.
At least they were confident in showing a fair amount of the gameplay and different enemies and abilities.

ID have been working with this Arkane team for Redfalls gunplay. Not sure if they were involved at all with the other team for Deathloop.

Personally looking forward to this a lot. Loved Dishonoured and the more I see this the more interesting it looks.

I've seen multiple adverts for this on YouTube even though it's still 3 months until release!

I have it scheduled for predownload on my xbox as it looks pretty decent. I am a sucker for all vampire games though....

Is there a shortage of internet these days? I mean who really cares? I can’t remember the last time I was gaming offline…
And what if your internet goes down and you want to play the game ?

And what if your internet goes down and you want to play the game ?
What if my internet goes down and I am watching Netflix? It happens so so rarely that I just don’t think it’s an issue. I’m reliant on internet for work, for TV, for communication and frankly all those things are not workable without it. But it doesn’t really become an issue….it’s just life.

If I can’t play a videogame for half an hour I’m not really going to get too upset.

What if my internet goes down and I am watching Netflix? It happens so so rarely that I just don’t think it’s an issue. I’m reliant on internet for work, for TV, for communication and frankly all those things are not workable without it. But it doesn’t really become an issue….it’s just life.

If I can’t play a videogame for half an hour I’m not really going to get too upset.
It’s not about getting upset though is it?
Youve paid for a game yet you can’t play it because you have no internet.
You only have to look on these very forums to see people have plenty of problems regarding internet connection.

It’s not about getting upset though is it?
Youve paid for a game yet you can’t play it because you have no internet.
You only have to look on these very forums to see people have plenty of problems regarding internet connection.
You’ve paid for hundreds of things in life that you require the internet for. We aren’t living in 2003 anymore.

Devices, services and systems requiring the internet has been an established thing now for a decade plus. Nobody bats an eyelid about it. What happens if I try and play Fortnite without it? Or any number of games that need an internet connection?

It’s 2023 - I’d expect everything to require internet and frankly moaning about that is way way out of date.

You’ve paid for hundreds of things in life that you require the internet for. We aren’t living in 2003 anymore.

Devices, services and systems requiring the internet has been an established thing now for a decade plus. Nobody bats an eyelid about it. What happens if I try and play Fortnite without it? Or any number of games that need an internet connection?

It’s 2023 - I’d expect everything to require internet and frankly moaning about that is way way out of date.
No we’re not living in 2003, it’s 2023 so should be given more choice in my opinion.
I only play in single player mode so why should that have an internet connection?
No idea on the Fortnite as I’ve never played it so can’t answer that.
People have internet issues, that’s a fact.
No one’s moaning or getting upset either, it’s a simple question of why I should have to have an internet connection in single player mode. That doesn’t make sense to me.

You’re clearly missing the point (or choosing to ignore it). See below.

No one’s moaning or getting upset either, it’s a simple question of why I should have to have an internet connection in single player mode. That doesn’t make sense to me.

Agreed.

You buy a game. You’re playing the single player campaign, not online (eg Fortnite).

You’re clearly missing the point (or choosing to ignore it). See below.

Agreed.

You buy a game. You’re playing the single player campaign, not online (eg Fortnite).
There are countless games that are co-op drop in and out style like this that can be played single player but require an online connection.

It’s 2023. Everything is connected and online now. It’s a complete non issue.

And I bet any money in the world that anyone complaining will be sitting tonight playing a game and their console will be happily connected to the internet. Who on earth cares anymore?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom