Red tint via HDMI to Pio PDP 435XDE

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by hallabusa, Feb 19, 2005.

1. hallabusa

hallabusa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I connect my PC to the VGA input on the media box of my 435, everythings crisp and clear. However, going 'up' to the HDMI input (using a DVI to HDMI cable), everything seems to have a red tint (I've played with the settings on Power Strip which has helped a little, but even the overall picture quality seems very poor (far worse than scart!). When I receonnect my PC monitor (LCD), thereby using the same interface on the graphics card, everythings fine(using a DVI to DVI cable).
    My PC is a P4 at 3Ghz, 1 Gig RAM, rADEON 9800 Pro card.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. fusion7

fusion7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive got a 435XDE...its annoying how the VGA connector is at the front, so if you have a media center permanently connected it looks messy!

have u tried a different cable?

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,572
    hallabusa

What signal are you outputting from your DVI equipped Graphics card?

Best regards

Joe

4. hallabusa

hallabusa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fusion - no haven't tried a different cable - I'm suspecting my settings are to blame.......

Joe - my settings on the PC are currently 1280 * 1024, but when connected to the plasma my settings (profile) were set to 1280 * 720 with 32bit colour. I've used the .inf file which has been created for the XDE by another member of this forum - I'm also running Powerstrip (again on recommendation by reading previous posts - I've disabled this to see if it makes any difference, all to no avail unfortunately).

Cheers.