Red tint via HDMI to Pio PDP 435XDE

hallabusa

Standard Member
If I connect my PC to the VGA input on the media box of my 435, everythings crisp and clear. However, going 'up' to the HDMI input (using a DVI to HDMI cable), everything seems to have a red tint (I've played with the settings on Power Strip which has helped a little, but even the overall picture quality seems very poor (far worse than scart!). When I receonnect my PC monitor (LCD), thereby using the same interface on the graphics card, everythings fine(using a DVI to DVI cable).
My PC is a P4 at 3Ghz, 1 Gig RAM, rADEON 9800 Pro card.

Any help greatly appreciated.

fusion7

Standard Member
ive got a 435XDE...its annoying how the VGA connector is at the front, so if you have a media center permanently connected it looks messy!

have u tried a different cable?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
hallabusa

What signal are you outputting from your DVI equipped Graphics card?

Best regards

Joe

hallabusa

Standard Member
Fusion - no haven't tried a different cable - I'm suspecting my settings are to blame.......

Joe - my settings on the PC are currently 1280 * 1024, but when connected to the plasma my settings (profile) were set to 1280 * 720 with 32bit colour. I've used the .inf file which has been created for the XDE by another member of this forum - I'm also running Powerstrip (again on recommendation by reading previous posts - I've disabled this to see if it makes any difference, all to no avail unfortunately).

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom