1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red tint to entire screen

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by MadMax, Nov 28, 2002.

1. MadMax

MadMax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    'Afternoon all!

I'm a newbie, so treat me gentle! Also I have had a good browse of the forum and can't find a suitable answer to the following:-

I've got a red/pink tint to the entire screen of my JCV TV. I've tried de-gaussing but to no effect. A friend of mine reckons it could probably be adjusted via 'software' from the engineer menu.

My questions are these:
    1. Is this diagnosis right ?
    2. How can I obtain a service manual ?
    3. How likely am I to screw it up completely !!?

Please help.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    1. Impossible to say without seeing it. Although one thing that comes to mind is the "Colour" level - on many TVs when it is set fairly high, red is the colour that gets enhanced the most. Try reducing the Colour setting and also look for a "Tint" option in the main picture menu, "Cool" or "Normal" settings enhance reds less than a "Warm" tint.

2. If it is something that can be corrected via the service menu, the service manual won't help you at all. Better to seek guidance from fellow JVC owners here.

3. As long as you're careful to change only the relevant settings making careful notes of all original values before changing anything you're unlikely to do any permanent damage.

Hope this helps ;)