Red Team TT

madmurdock

Remembered (1969 - 2011)
Reaction score
Redteam.jpg

Red Team
Team Time Trial

Members of the Red Team can post here to discuss tactics for the TT. We need to decide what cars are best suited for each track and who will be driving them. Our aim is to achieve a lower combined time than the Blue and Green Teams, and so there is a great importance on choosing the correct combination of cars for each track. Remember you can only choose each car once and have to choose 1 car from every class for each race. Examples of such tactics could be whether we try to win every round or we use all the slow cars for a track that people aren't as good at, giving us a better chance to win the other rounds .
*Please post times in the following format:*

CAS FAN || Class A || Ford GT '06 || 1'06.224

ROUND 1
RED TEAM -------------------TRACK - FUJI GT
------ Team Member ------||---------------- Car Choice ----------------||-- Time --
AVF_Lightsider ||Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 || 2'02.150
AVF_D-movement || Ferrari 512BB '76 || 1'51.572
AVF_Mickey|| Ferrari F430 '06 || 1'47.918
CasFan73 || Ferrari 599 '06 || 1'48.463
OFFICAL RESULTS || COMBINED TEAM TIME || 7'30.103

||||
OTHER TEAM TIMES || --- || ---
name || car || 0'00.000
name || car || 0'00.000
name || car || 0'00.000

ROUND 2
RED TEAM -------------------TRACK - SUZUKA EAST
------ Team Member ------||---------------- Car Choice ----------------||-- Time --
AVF_Lightsider ||Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR '07 || O'56.394
AVF_D-movement ||Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07 || 0'57.783
AVF_Mickey|| Honda Integra Type R '04 || 1'00.062
AVF_CASFAN || Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo || 0'53.438
OFFICAL RESULTS || COMBINED TEAM TIME || 3'47.677
||||
Madmurdock|| Honda Integra Type R '04 || 1'00.581
Madmurdock || Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07 || 0'59.191
AVF_Mickey || Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo || 0'53.884
AVF_Mickey || Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR '07 || 0'58.548
AVF_Mickey || Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07 || 0'58.712
AVF_Lightsider || Honda Integra Type R '04 || 1'00.551
AVF_Lightsider || Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo || 0'53.462
AVF_CASFAN || Honda Integra Type R '04 || 1'00.462
AVF_CASFAN || Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR '07 || 0'56.642
AVF_CASFAN || Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07 || 0'58.942
AVF_D-movement || Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo || 0'53.005
AVF_D-movement || Honda Integra Type R '04 || 0'59.625
name || car || 0'00.000

ROUND 3
RED TEAM -------------------TRACK - EIGER REVERSE
Madmurdock || BMW Z4 '03 || 1'19.958
AVF_D-movement || Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG '02 || 1'12.768
AVF_Lightsider|| Art Morrison Corvette '60|| 1'14.195
AVF_Casfan || Ferrari F40 '92 || 1'12.604
OFFICAL RESULTS || COMBINED TEAM TIME || 4'59.525
||||
name|| car || 0'00.000
name || car || 0'00.000
name || car || 0'00.000

NB: This thread will be updated with new information regularly.​

Last edited:
Red Team Times to go here until main thread is updated.

ROUND 4
RED TEAM -------------------TRACK - LONDON FORWARD
name ||car || 0'00.000
name || car || 0'00.000
name|| car|| 0'00.000
name || car || 0'00.000
OFFICAL RESULTS || COMBINED TEAM TIME || 0'00.000
||||
name|| car || 0'00.000
name || car || 0'00.000
name || car || 0'00.000

NB: The current Team Time Trial is on hold at the moment and has been replaced by an individual TT instead. This post therefore will be updated from now on with individual times only.

Last edited:
Ok fellow red team members, lets kick this off and start some team talk.

It's worth spying over in the blue team thread to try and second guess what they're really up to;)

They say they're going to try and 'shock and awe' us first rounds :)rotfl:)

but then they go on the say that they should use the Mazda on Eiger :suicide:

The focus is most dominant on suzuka so maybe we could save that for then?

I reckon Mini for first round with CraigUK or our gaffer driving.

still need to spend time looking at other rounds.

also shout up here if you know you will pwn a particular car/track combo.

I quite fancy the GT Clio Sport V6 Tuned Car round eiger nordwand reverse unless everyone thinks this is a bad idea.

this with leave the top tuned cars (evo and Subaru) for round 2 and 3 which will probably be the deciding rounds.

Using the Mazda for London reverse seems a decent choice esp. if the blues are using it on eiger. Assuming the blues have already used the top 2 C class cars by then and it's not all over after round 3

Was going to say the Mini for Eiger in class C. We could go for the Evo or the Scooby in class B as they're quick, accellerate fast and handle well round the hairpins.

I do really like the GT-R round Eiger, but that's also a damn quick car so may be best on one of the faster circuits (Fuji, HSR or even Suzuka) so maybe the F430 is an option?

I agree with the Clio for T, although the Evo X would also be good (but it is a good idea to keep it and the 111R for rounds 2 & 3).

CAS, if you're comfy with the GT-R on eiger reverse then that would be a good choice imho as it's most dominant on that track. Although it'd be a useful motor for other rounds it's important to force this TT to the later rounds where skill will come into it more as opposed to choice of car.

So, subject to the green light from the Captain, so far we have:

Craig in the Mini

CAS in the GT-R

Me in the Clio/Tuned

CAS, if you're comfy with the GT-R on eiger reverse then that would be a good choice imho as it's most dominant on that track. Although it'd be a useful motor for other rounds it's important to force this TT to the later rounds where skill will come into it more as opposed to choice of car.

Craig in the Mini

CAS in the GT-R

Me in the Clio/Tuned

I'm certainly happy to give that a go. I've done a TT on Eiger forward in the GT-R and did pretty well in it so should be able to be competitive.

We'll see what the Cap says to all this but so far the tactics seem good.

Actually i've looked again at Class C and done a couple of overall comparisons by looking at all the rounds and come up with the following :-

Eiger – Alfa – 5.198
Suzuka – Mini – 3.042
HSR – Mazda – 4.288
London – Swift – 3.560
Fuji – Focus - 0.000

Eiger – Mazda – 3.659
Suzuka – Focus – 3.042
HSR – Alfa – 5.773
London – Swift – 3.56
Fuji – Mini – 2.934

The times are the time diff over the fastest time on the track (when considering these cars). Obviously the lowest total time difference should be the best and therefore the top option looks good.

After consideration I feel that it would be a bad move to use the Mini on Eiger. Are there any other class C combos to consider would you say?

I'm certainly happy to give that a go. I've done a TT on Eiger forward in the GT-R and did pretty well in it so should be able to be competitive.

We'll see what the Cap says to all this but so far the tactics seem good.

Actually i've looked again at Class C and done a couple of overall comparisons by looking at all the rounds and come up with the following :-

Eiger – Alfa – 5.198
Suzuka – Mini – 3.042
HSR – Mazda – 4.288
London – Swift – 3.560
Fuji – Focus - 0.000

Eiger – Mazda – 3.659
Suzuka – Focus – 3.042
HSR – Alfa – 5.773
London – Swift – 3.56
Fuji – Mini – 2.934

The times are the time diff over the fastest time on the track (when considering these cars). Obviously the lowest total time difference should be the best and therefore the top option looks good.

After consideration I feel that it would be a bad move to use the Mini on Eiger. Are there any other class C combos to consider would you say?

Interesting! :D

It's pretty difficult to call isnt it. esp. when you consider that we're not really racing against top times in each car. It's what the other teams are using and who's driving those cars.

Obviously if player x is relatively slow in the dominant car, A quick player y is likely to match or even beat that time in a weaker car.

I really cant see this going to round 5 so we really need to get some points on the board in rounds 1 and 2 which, imho is done by sticking our best drivers in the dominant cars early on.

The choices after that are going to be alot simpler.

Lets see what the captain thinks.

Craig in the Mini

CAS in the GT-R

Me in the Clio/Tuned

It doesn't matter who drives what car yet. As we can all try each car. We first need to decide what cars we are gonna use for round 1.
Sorry about the lack of input tonight. But I've been up to my eyeballs in work.
It will calm down tomorrow onwards so I can give this Team TT my full attention.
If you don't want the other teams to know our tactics for round 1 then PM me.

Following PM from Capt. MM it looks like we're going to go stealth mode........

I would just like to add that given the 10 day time span for each round everyone should have plenty of time to put in a decent time for each car. It might throw up a suprise or two that way, rather than being limited to 1 car.

Hi all, let me have your car list tonight and I will mark them off the main thread, I will do this after the match.
Come on Leeds!:clap:

Thanks.

Hi all, let me have your car list tonight and I will mark them off the main thread, I will do this after the match.
Come on Leeds!:clap:

Thanks.

Well a good start with a goal from Howson, let's hope they can keep it up and get another! :)

Following PM from Capt. MM it looks like we're going to go stealth mode........

I would just like to add that given the 10 day time span for each round everyone should have plenty of time to put in a decent time for each car. It might throw up a suprise or two that way, rather than being limited to 1 car.

Agreed!

Will be best to pick who has what after we've all posted some times with every car.

Come on :arty: You LEEDS! Wembley here we come :D

Pull your self together :rotfl: do you reds have your car list.

Not sure yet. MM sent us his list this afternoon but whether that's finalised yet only he can say.

As he's the Captain I wouldn't want to post them in advance.

Right car list for round one is up and final.

C Class= Mazda
B Class= Scooby
A Class= R8
T Class= Clio T

Just to let you know I've left room on the tables for us all to post times with each of the cars before we decide who's time goes with which car.

How come we've changed from mini to mazda?

Just dont want the blues to think we're scared of them and have to copy their idea's.

My view was to go with the Alfa for this one as apart from London (where the Swift should be used) it loses the least time to the fastest car on this track.

The Mazda isn't a bad choice I guess and at least we have the cars down and the Mini saved for another round.

Game on! :thumbsup:

How come we've changed from mini to mazda?

Just dont want the blues to think we're scared of them and have to copy their idea's.

Trying to minimise the time gap between cars. Felt that the mini would be better utilized on a faster track, where the gap bewteen the C Class car times is greater.

Right, I'd like all red team members to work out which cars they'd like to use for round 2 and PM me there request. Obviously we've got plenty of time to think about this, but if we give it some thought, it could save some discussion later.
I don't expect to hear from you with choices for at least a week, just give it some thought.

Firstly. Let's kick some ass and win this first round. :thumbsup:

Every Red Team member can try all the 4 cars in round 1. Just give them all a go and post your times for each car. Then next week we can work out who's driving what and set about setting some fast times. If any of you have a preference/choice of car let me know and if the other members don't have a problem... that'll be your car/class for this round.

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom