1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

red stripes on the england/sweden match?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mario Nicholas, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario Nicholas

Mario Nicholas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    my sony d50 is showing a 40mm red vertical stripe on the left & a 10mm red stripe on the right only when the match footage is shown, when studio reporting etc. is on the picture is perfect.
    all other sources are fine & the red stripes are there from satellite or off-air sources.
    What is causing this?

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Most obvious thought would be differences in the transmission image sizes between OB to studio broadcast. This is quite common with satellite broadcasts and cable.

If you are watching football, try switching from the Sky transmission to the terrestrial feed from your VCR. Is the same problem still apparent?

Your projector may be set with very little overscan, so the extreme edges of the picture are visible. Try increasing the width and height and adjust convergence and blanking to suit.

Regards

3. Mario Nicholas

Mario Nicholas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    The problem is present from the satellite & off-air/vcr output & I thought that outdoor broadcasts from this particular source could be at fault.
    But, if all the other outside broadcasts from around the globe can manage to size their picture correctly, why can't they? why should I re-calibrate my projector when it's perfect for every other source.
    Meanwhile back in the real world of the tweakers, i'll take your advice & increase my picture size & blank the red lines out.
    The last thing I want is red lines on the England V Brazil final, which England win 4 - 0 & return to England with the World Cupppppppppppppp../"$%&(
    Get that white jacket off of me, oh ok as long as it has red stripes on it...
    :eek: :eek:

4. Mario Nicholas

Mario Nicholas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Just watched England hammer Argentina 1-0 & no red lines!
    I havn't adjusted anything as received reports from other CRT owners with the same problem.
    They got it right: the transmission & the stadium was first class
    six million to build - what an achievment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.