Red Steel How to continue?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by tim_kay, Dec 21, 2006.

1. tim_kay

tim_kay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I load the game up the profile says 6% complete but I cant find how to jump back into my level. If i go load it takes me to the first mission. HELP!

2. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,285
    Mmm thats strange. Are you sure after selecting your profile you are selecting the 2nd option down which is to "load game"

I remember selecting the 1st option (start a new game) and hence started from mission 1 again!

3. willp2003

willp2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    when you get to the second screen, there are 4 icons on the right hand side - the continue mission is the second one (i think). I took me a while to work out what was going on - having to drag items across the screen - just give me a clicky button!

4. tim_kay

tim_kay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Starting to really annoy me! Definately no continue option.

On startup it says 6% complete. Then I go to my profile. Load game. Then I got slot 1/2/3. Only 1 highlighted. This is the first mission.

I can replay levels (level 2) but even if i do and get to next checkpoint, after I quit I can not continue from checkpoint.

It does say all progress will be lost if i quit the game. But this is correct isn't it? Should load up after checkpoint, or is there a saving method im missing?

ARGH!

5. svidoy84

svidoy84
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It doesnt save checkpoints, it saves the beginning of that level. Therefor turn it off and you start from the beginning of that level again.

It is annoying! Wish it was like Zelda where it saves EXACTLY where you are.

6. tim_kay

tim_kay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    R U SERIOUS?

That is SHOCKING. I thought it was me for a minute there. Some of these levels are 30 minutes long, terrible you have to retrace through. Obviously now I'll just turn it off once into a new level, but that is bad. Every game I know (FPS) reverts to last saved checkpoint.

7. Mudry

Mudry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont like the replay options in red steel. It can take some time to get through a level especially if you get stuck at the sword fighting sections. I have left the console on over night before so that I wouldnt have to fight thru a section again.

8. muzzi

muzzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I don't think this is strictly true.

when playing, and you die, you will start again at the last chckpoint. If you quit your session and then play again, you will start at the last save point. A save point is when the spinning disc appears at the bottom right corner, and some tips apear on the screen. My point being that there can be many save points during one mission.

Muzzi

9. phfdiisuy8FN:M9

phfdiisuy8FN:M9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    speaking of redsteel i'm kind off ****** off myself:mad:
    you know those people who give you missions in the bar right, well i did one of them the fish market one and i went up to the same guy who gave me that mission and then it transported me to that same mission again i did, how do you quit the mission?:) :lease: