Red Spiders

onefivenine

Novice Member
Two from today - working a split shift so had another wee practise at some macro.

Heather

ISO100, f/8, 1/250, 65mm, 3:1 magnification.

Static

This one would have been an ideal subject for a stack. But I didn't :rolleyes:
ISO100, f/6.3, 1/250, 65mm, 5:1 magnification.

V

vulkan75

Very nice Dave particularly the first.

Ive had a go at this focus stacking thing using cobine zm with shots using my tamron 90mm.

How do you manage to get the images lined up so well. My stacks come out a mess,even when setting the points manually.Ive tried the reverse stack and the weighted average options and they dont improve things by much:suicide:

Im doing something wrong obviously...Can you mash up your method for me to try..

cheers

onefivenine

Novice Member
I'm in exactly the same boat as you vulkan, which is why I don't do stacks!
The few I have tried are mostly mush.

You really need a focus rail like a manfrotto 454, so you can move the focal plane in one direction only.

Perhaps after a couple of years practise doing it handheld I might get closer to the likes of LordV.

Thing is, I'd rather not produce botched handheld stacks - it's too hit or miss for me at the moment - so I'm concentrating on single shots and maximising the subject focus coverage. That's challenging enough! :smashin:

Mike.P®

I had a go at stacking and it looked much worse than the original.
I am concentrating on getting the basics sorted first, stacking can wait a few years :)

onefivenine

Novice Member
Here's a third red spider. I shot 4 or 5 different ones. This one was guarding some eggs but I blew the hightlights on the egg shot.

I got a slightly better plane of focus on this one. Single shot again as usual.

ISO100, f/6.3, 1/250, 65mm, 5x magnification.

werewolf40

Novice Member
Very good dave.:) at that magnification how to you keep the camera so steady.:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom