• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Red spider mite macro

kevwood

Standard Member
Another attempt at macro, this time including a bit of off camera flash. Hanimex TZ855 at the top of the frame triggered optically by on camera flash.

2496283553_c871cafe70_o.jpg

This macro malarky is hard work! I find myself holding my breath as I try to get focus. Problem is, it usually takes some time to get a focus!

SPRINGERS

Established Member
Great macro shot! instead of holding your breath, breath out, at the end of the breath is when your body is most steady[pistol shooters and archers know this].
Focus looks fine on this one!:smashin:

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Yup, a great capture :smashin:

rydeboyz

Established Member
Aer you sure it's a red spider mite and not one of those little red spiders you loved to squash as a kid? (or was that just me? :rolleyes:)

Great shot either way! :thumbsup:

Edit: Yeah I'm 99% sure it's a red velvet mite. Red spider mites are almost invisible to the human eye and usually more of a brown colour..

kevwood

Standard Member
Cheers for the comments guys.

rydeboyz - yep it's one of those little bugs you use to squash as a kid. As did I! I was sure they were called spider mites, maybe not? Anyone else know?

springers - I'll try that technique next time. Might help stop me from going blue!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom