Red Sonja (1985) (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 18/07/2022

RS.jpg

Attachments

• RS (back).jpg
    RS (back).jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
😡 This isn't Dr Strange 2!

😉

Conan 3 in all but name. Odd that this gets a 4K release before the others.

Scweeeeet! BANG on! My order is in!

It appears in search OK but seems to break the website if I select it. Just get a huge image of the artwork,

That link doesn't work for me. I often see this weirdness with Zavvi as new titles go live.

Last edited:
strange what browser are you using? worked with firefox

Ah, my RC renewal had a payment problem so my account was in some weird limbo state. Sorted now.

Ordered. Looking forward. One more Arnie 4K :) Still need Conans, T1, Sixth Day, True Lies and Eraser. Not so fussed on the comedies..or any Terminator film after 2.

Ordered. Looking forward. One more Arnie 4K :) Still need Conans, T1, Sixth Day, True Lies and Eraser. Not so fussed on the comedies..or any Terminator film after 2.
You forgot Commando.

You forgot Commando.
I did, I have that on blu ray and it's still good fun. There's also End of Days and I forget the name of the one where he's a firefighter who goes to avenge his family. But certainly those 80s and 90s ones would be great to have. Running Man exists in 4K, but only in Germany strangely, no UK or US release.

Great artwork, but matt finish. Such a shame they didn't go full gloss, that's a much better finish for this art style. Also includes a mini poster.

RedSonja.jpg

Bit of a shine to it and decent colours so looks like the common Zero Finish to me rather than straight Matte- streaky/washed out colours? (bit of a pet hate of mine when the two get lumped in together as the difference is not insignificant)

Still, it looks good, though I agree gloss would have elevated it further.

Was actually supposed to have a booklet according to the StudioCanal press release, obviously decided against it and chucked in a poster instead.

Yeah, probably "Zero" varnish. Rather than "Matte" or "Satin" varnish. I'd still call it a matt finish though. ;)

Varnish.png

I got mine yesterday (with The Northmen) but, I've got to say, I am really starting to dislike steelbooks with a matte finish as they just drain the colours out of what would otherwise be really nice artwork, which is the case here. Unfortunately.

IT Troll's photo looks much better than mine does "in the flesh". Very disappointing really. Why does the UK get so few glossy steelbooks? Is it cost?

IT Troll's photo looks much better than mine does "in the flesh".
You're looking at it wrong! ;)

The finish used is very sensitive to the viewing angle and lighting conditions. You have to view in optimal conditions otherwise the metallic sheen can completely washout the colours.

Why does the UK get so few glossy steelbooks? Is it cost?
Probably our own fault for complaining so bitterly about streaks and scuffs. They can bash out the non-gloss ones without having to worry about quality control.

The Germany steelbook release has booklet and poster
Booklet text in German

UK release just has poster

France release has no poster or booklet

Well that’s inconsistent. It looks like the booklet might not fit inside the steelbook which is poor design. France might be due to the Kalidor naming for that release.

I’ve emailed StudioCanal’s UK office asking where our Epic Booklet is.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom