Red Sonja 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Ta for the review!
I remember the annoying child prince and Arnhults 'Conan' cameo.
Didn't they reuse all the Conan props including Pat Roach?

Random bit of trivia I discovered as a child.
In the fight between Sonia and Conan, listen to the sound effects, the roll, and sword swing.

These sounds were sampled for the video game barbarian. Most notably the decapitation move.

In the fight between Sonia and Conan, listen to the sound effects, the roll, and sword swing.

These sounds were sampled for the video game barbarian. Most notably the decapitation move.
Man I loved Barbarian…….

Or was it just Maria Whitaker? Hard for me to discern between the two honestly……

Last edited:

Oh my gahd, my memory bones!

So I get the hate for this one but I must say that I loved it as a kid. As a massive Robert E Howard fan I just had to add the limited edition steelbook to my collection.

I had to double take the title of this review. But it actually does say Red Sonja 4K Blu Ray. Why would someone do this?

I had to double take the title of this review. But it actually does say Red Sonja 4K Blu Ray. Why would someone do this?
Far from the only odd choice for a 4k release this year! Especially strange given there's no sign of either Conan film yet mind.

Far from the only odd choice for a 4k release this year! Especially strange given there's no sign of either Conan film yet mind.
Could I interest sir in:

Screenshot_20220710-214352.png

Love the delivery of lines and facial expressions in this scene. They never fail to make me smile. :D

tumblr_nqz22yX8O01u7gt7ro1_r1_400.gif

Down and fire. Spinning head lop 😎

Am I lucky enough to be perhaps the only person that hasn't seen this nor a single one of the 8 films listed in the 8th paragraph?

So I get the hate for this one but I must say that I loved it as a kid. As a massive Robert E Howard fan I just had to add the limited edition steelbook to my collection.
I was tempted by the steelbook too but don’t remember much about the film. I did watch it quite a few times when I was younger, probably recorded off the tv. I thought it wasn’t great so was waiting for the reviews to refresh my memory but based on this I might have to give it a miss. The steelbook does look good though!

Odd that there's no digital release for this one. It's ideal iTunes 4K discount fodder, wait until it's £2.99 or so.

Brigitte was hot in the day that’s for sure. awful film though but each to their own 👍

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom