Red Sonja 4K Blu-ray Review

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member

piston broke

Distinguished Member
Ta for the review!
I remember the annoying child prince and Arnhults 'Conan' cameo.
Didn't they reuse all the Conan props including Pat Roach?

Markemark78

Standard Member
Random bit of trivia I discovered as a child.
In the fight between Sonia and Conan, listen to the sound effects, the roll, and sword swing.

These sounds were sampled for the video game barbarian. Most notably the decapitation move.

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member
In the fight between Sonia and Conan, listen to the sound effects, the roll, and sword swing.

These sounds were sampled for the video game barbarian. Most notably the decapitation move.
Man I loved Barbarian…….

Or was it just Maria Whitaker? Heard for me to discern between the two honestly……

elmoe

Standard Member
So I get the hate for this one but I must say that I loved it as a kid. As a massive Robert E Howard fan I just had to add the limited edition steelbook to my collection.

GreyMutton

I had to double take the title of this review. But it actually does say Red Sonja 4K Blu Ray. Why would someone do this?

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I had to double take the title of this review. But it actually does say Red Sonja 4K Blu Ray. Why would someone do this?
Far from the only odd choice for a 4k release this year! Especially strange given there's no sign of either Conan film yet mind.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
Far from the only odd choice for a 4k release this year! Especially strange given there's no sign of either Conan film yet mind.
Could I interest sir in:

Screenshot_20220710-214352.png

Gambit1977

Down and fire. Spinning head lop 😎

Aggrajag

Am I lucky enough to be perhaps the only person that hasn't seen this nor a single one of the 8 films listed in the 8th paragraph?

Davyb100

So I get the hate for this one but I must say that I loved it as a kid. As a massive Robert E Howard fan I just had to add the limited edition steelbook to my collection.
I was tempted by the steelbook too but don’t remember much about the film. I did watch it quite a few times when I was younger, probably recorded off the tv. I thought it wasn’t great so was waiting for the reviews to refresh my memory but based on this I might have to give it a miss. The steelbook does look good though!

Kotatsu Neko

Distinguished Member
Odd that there's no digital release for this one. It's ideal iTunes 4K discount fodder, wait until it's £2.99 or so.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Brigitte was hot in the day that’s for sure. awful film though but each to their own 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton