Red Ringed, do I upgrade or replace?

mason storm

Standard Member
My X Box has Red Ringed it's a replacement that Microsoft sent me for my original one that red ringed a few years ago. The thing is If I send back to Microsoft it will take 3 weeks and cost me £74. After which I only have a 3 month warranty.

Looking at second hand ones i can get one for about £100 with a one year warranty from the shop. Or I could get a new slim including games for about £200.

the thing is I also have a PS3 which is working fine but i don't have many games for it plus my friend is on X Box live which obviously won't work with PS3 on line.

Not sure what to do and am really annoyed with crappy quality of 360 but ultimately will miss playing on line with my friend.

Beardy101

You might be able to trade in or sell your xbox for parts and go for a second hand one at £100 with the full year warranty. If money is an issue thats what I would do.
If money isn't an issue the new slim ones run a lot quieter which I find a bonus

Beardy101

You could always try ebay, obviously be honest about the red ring
Seen some go for £10/£15

Last edited:

PlayStation

Get a Jasper Elite Refurb with 12 month warranty for around £130.
Second hand consoles from the shop are a no go as they'll break down ALOT, my friend and cousins bought the white 360's 2nd hand and they got RROD.

mason storm

Standard Member
Well I decided to pay the extra and got a 360s bundle with 2 games remote control and after trading in some old xbox bits I paid just £145

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom