Red Platoon (TBC)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Ben Affleck is in early talks to direct the Afghanistan War movie Red Platoon for Sony.

Based on the New York Times bestselling memoir by Clinton Romesha, Red Platoon is a firsthand account of the fourteen-hour firefight at the Battle of Kamdesh. On October 3, 2009, the Taliban made a large-scale move after years of smaller attacks, sending a force of 300 men to Command Outpost Keating — a controversially remote and difficult to defend outpost — where Staff Sargeant Romesha lead a small band of soldiers in a defense and counterattack against the impossible odds.

41AAhlKX0ZL._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Book Synopsis
In 2009, Clinton Romesha of Red Platoon and the rest of the Black Knight Troop were preparing to shut down Command Outpost (COP) Keating, the most remote and inaccessible in a string of bases built by the US military in Nuristan and Kunar in the hope of preventing Taliban insurgents from moving freely back and forth between Afghanistan and Pakistan. Three years after its construction, the army was finally ready to concede what the men on the ground had known immediately: it was simply too isolated and too dangerous to defend.

On October 3, 2009, after years of constant smaller attacks, the Taliban finally decided to throw everything they had at Keating. The ensuing fourteen-hour battle—and eventual victory—cost eight men their lives.

Red Platoon is the riveting firsthand account of the Battle of Keating, told by Romesha, who spearheaded both the defense of the outpost and the counterattack that drove the Taliban back beyond the wire and received the Medal of Honor for his actions.

160610-webster-Clinton-Romesha-tease_kfandi.jpg

I read the book earlier this year. It should make quite a good film.

I like a good true tale. 13 hours I thought was good too, despite being a Micheal Bay film.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom