• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Red outline on both of my CRT TVs!?

.hack

Model: Sony KV-28HX15U (plus a crap 32" Sanyo CRT)

Ok, this is something that has become incredibly annoying during the last month. Everything has a red outline on the left of the picture. It doesn't matter you use to test it, AFAIK it shows up no matter what you use, even on the TV menu.

The red outline problem wasn't fixed when I sent it for repair with a letter explaining this and another more important fault. It did arrive back with the main fault fixed, or at least it seemed that way until I gave it a slight bang when moving it. =/

Does anyone know if this sort of thing only an issue when using CRTs? I'm worried about uprgrading to the Sony KDL-32S2010U if I have to deal with a red outline on every Sony TV.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
.hack said:
Does anyone know if this sort of thing only an issue when using CRTs?.

It is...it sounds as though the convergence is out slightly.

.hack said:
I'm worried about uprgrading to the Sony KDL-32S2010U if I have to deal with a red outline on every Sony TV.

If that is an LCD you needn't worry.

.hack

I'm guessing fixing the problem isn't something I'll be able to do...not unless it can be fixed in the service menu.

I can somewhat understand my Sony set having this problem, I think I knocked something when I took the back off. What I can't understand is why my Sanyo set has developed the same problem at the same time as the Sony set. :rolleyes:

Oh well, it's good to know that LCD TVs shouldn't drive me mad with red lines.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom