Red Notice (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

I think I'll save this for a weekend daytime watch. Is it better than 6 Underground?

bit harsh maybe a 6 but i did expect a lot more given the cast and the alleged cost of the enterprise

Agree with the rating. It has it’s moments and the 3 leads are just playing themselves like they do in every movie basically. Because of their charisma the movie is somewhat watchable. The plot is just plain bad.

This is how we're wasting $200 million now days and $150 million on Underground 6, garbage in, garbage out. Really hoping Deadpool 3 is a financial disaster so we can see the end of Ryan Reynold...

RR is the best thing in the film…take of that what you will…we will definitely get a sequel.
5/10

Just checking, was it a 3 without the Bake Off reference or should that up it to a 5?

I had low expectations going in, and ended up enjoying it.
Reynolds was quite good I thought. I found him more likeable in this than in Free Guy for example. Was good banter between all of them all the way through. Same goes for The Rock, better in this than in Jungle Cruise imo and Gal obviously better than in that 1984 crap fest. I think it will do well.

I just finished watching this and i think your review is WAY too harsh.
I enjoyed both Ryan Reynolds and The Rock in this and thought there were some excellent scenes in this movie.
This movie may not have a fancy written script but entertaining nonetheless.
Hope there is a sequel :)

7.5 out of 10 from me.

I always give em a watch when rated low.

Great film, some good laughs, great locations, 3 (+1) great actors, story twists, far fetched and unbelievable but great fun.

A 7 from me. I preferred it to Rock in his Jungle Cruise film.

Switch your brain off and give it a watch 👍

Watched it before the review. Wish I'd read the review first. Typically overindulgent Netflix nonsense, ridiculous that they could waste $200M on this. Agree with every word Tom wrote.

RR was in overdrive, trying to overcompensate, Rock looked out of his depth, held back, and off his game, and Gal was doing a complete Willis and phoning it in. It really wanted this to be good, or at least fun, but the best I can say about it is that it isn't offensively bad like 6 Underground.

It's an absolute half-assed shrug of a movie.

Watched it before the review. Wish I'd read the review first. Typically overindulgent Netflix nonsense, ridiculous that they could waste $200M on this. Agree with every word Tom wrote.

RR was in overdrive, trying to overcompensate, Rock looked out of his depth, held back, and off his game, and Gal was doing a complete Willis and phoning it in. It really wanted this to be good, or at least fun, but the best I can say about it is that it isn't offensively bad like 6 Underground.

It's an absolute half-assed shrug of a movie.
It's certainly not going to win any awards but would think most will like it. I bet Kermode will slag it off. I use him normally to watch what he slags off.

Netflix seems to know what people like to watch, not make movies for reviewers.

It's certainly not going to win any awards but would think most will like it. I bet Kermode will slag it off. I use him normally to watch what he slags off.

Netflix seems to know what people like to watch, not make movies for reviewers.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger. Maybe it'll win a Razzie.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger. Maybe it'll win a Razzie.
Not every movie is going to be an Award winner. It's not a must watch but equally not a "wish to have 2hrs back" movie.

I still would think most will think it's good for what it is, an unbelievable comedy action movie with some beautiful locations and a hand full of laughs. Gal gorgeous as ever, Rock is the Rock. I'm not a fan of RR myself but wasn't too OTT in this.

Just confirms we all like different things in a movie 👍

Last edited:
I always give em a watch when rated low.

Great film, some good laughs, great locations, 3 (+1) great actors, story twists, far fetched and unbelievable but great fun.

A 7 from me. I preferred it to Rock in his Jungle Cruise film.

Switch your brain off and give it a watch 👍
"Switch your brain off and give it a watch"

Given how many people on here seem to give this kind of generic Netflix toss a free pass, I wonder if brains are ever actially switched on.

No offense to you personally of course, it just irks me. The reason these kind of uninspired, copy n' paste excretions keep getting shat is because people KEEP watching them...

'6/10 - ok I suppose, passed the time...' etc etc.

Little depressing I must say...

"Switch your brain off and give it a watch"

Given how many people on here seem to give this kind of generic Netflix toss a free pass, I wonder if brains are ever actially switched on.

No offense to you personally of course, it just irks me. The reason these kind of uninspired, copy n' paste excretions keep getting shat is because people KEEP watching them...

'6/10 - ok I suppose, passed the time...' etc etc.

Little depressing I must say...
You just gave it a 6/10! 🤔 I have it at a 7 so not much difference. Certainly way off a 4 but reviewer likes his own stuff as we all do. No right/wrong score as it's all individual.

If people don't like Netflix they cancel their sub.

the vast majority of all films made in the history of cinema will not reach a review score of 6

there are very few (if any) original stories or even combinations of stories at this stage

so I am in the camp that it is tough to criticise Netflix as much as seems to be happening for failing to hit a standard consistently that no one really consistently achieves. especially given the quantity of stuff that they produce.

there is nothing wrong with producing something that is a "bit by the numbers" if entertaining to a significant number of people.

i watched the trailer and this was pretty much exactly what i expected

the vast majority of all films made in the history of cinema will not reach a review score of 6

there are very few (if any) original stories or even combinations of stories at this stage

so I am in the camp that it is tough to criticise Netflix as much as seems to be happening for failing to hit a standard consistently that no one really consistently achieves. especially given the quantity of stuff that they produce.

there is nothing wrong with producing something that is a "bit by the numbers" if entertaining to a significant number of people.

i watched the trailer and this was pretty much exactly what i expected
This exactly, watch the trailer you know exactly what it's going to be, and watch it or not. It's not like there isn't far more to watch than you could ever have time for.

Watched this last night. 4 is generous. The writing is terrible, chemistry is non-existent, effects are laughable. 2/10

I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. Great stuff and would more than happily watch a sequel.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom