Red Notice (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

dazm41

well I'm in the camp of i liked it. for what it was bit of harmless fun, RR was playing RR, rock doing what he does and gal looking beautiful as ever thought there was some very funny moments in it ,and i don't like RR.

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
well I'm in the camp of i liked it. for what it was bit of harmless fun, RR was playing RR, rock doing what he does and gal looking beautiful as ever thought there was some very funny moments in it ,and i don't like RR.

RR: So what's the role?
Netflix: Just be yourself.
RR: I can do that. Give me millions of dollars.
Netflix: Done. We're raking it in anyway.
Quest: <jealous noises>

dazm41

RR: So what's the role?
Netflix: Just be yourself.
RR: I can do that. Give me millions of dollars.
Netflix: Done. We're raking it in anyway.
Quest: <jealous noises>
RR been basically the same in every movie come to think of it so as the rock glad i don't pay'em

Spring91

Standard Member
I watched this yesterday on my day off, and really enjoyed it! I thought Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson made a fine double act, it made me laugh and just found it easy to watch.

Having said that, I haven’t seen many Ryan Reynolds or Rock films (only seem Hitman’s Bodyguard with RR) so maybe I would find the humour a bit wearing if I’d seen more films with these actors in, but I’d happily watch a sequel of this.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
we watched it today and thought it was ok, pretty much what I expected with the 3 leads all playing the same version of themselves as they do in everything else. Didn't stop it being entertaining enough for what it was - just a big budget generic celebrity action heist chase caper movie. Nothing new but it killed 2 hours without stretching my brain and I'd be happy enough to watch it again some time in the future. I'm sure my Mrs will watch it again much sooner.

Can't believe it cost as much as it did to make, though. $200 million or something like that? Visually it wasn't impressive at all so I'm curious whose nose most of the budget went up

THX1138UK

I think Tom’s review is very harsh. Girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed it last night. NetFlix streaming quality was superb in HDR and Dolby Atmos. Looked magnificent on the projector.

Ryan Reynolds plays Ryan Reynolds, The Rock plays The Rock and Gal Gadot is fun and easy on the eyes. A fun throwaway movie that entertains from start to finish. No complaints here. Loved all the little movie references (Raiders, Jurassic Park etc) and The Great British Bake-off even gets a cameo.

Regards,
James.

robcat101

I’m another who thinks 4/10 is a little harsh. I like RRs shtick though, so that‘s +1, and I don’t mind leaving my brain at the door sometimes, so that’s +1 as well. Anything more than 6 is being too generous though.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
I’m another who thinks 4/10 is a little harsh. I like RRs shtick though, so that‘s +1, and I don’t mind leaving my brain at the door sometimes, so that’s +1 as well. Anything more than 6 is being too generous though.
Unfortunately 9/10 films requires us to leave our brain at the door because of the low standards accepted. We have more films releasing than ever thanks to Netflix & Prime but unfortunately the vast majority are horrendous. We should be excited to have so much content available but I struggle to pick anything worthy. It's really a sad state of fair and we should really be expecting more for a film costing $200 million!!!

THX1138UK

Unfortunately 9/10 films requires us to leave our brain at the door because of the low standards accepted. We have more films releasing than ever thanks to Netflix & Prime but unfortunately the vast majority are horrendous. We should be excited to have so much content available but I struggle to pick anything worthy. It's really a sad state of fair and we should really be expecting more for a film costing $200 million!!!

But lots of people (including me) enjoyed it. I got exactly what I was expecting from the leads - and that's fine.

I can discuss the mise-en-scène of "Les Quatre Cents Coups" all day long, but enjoyment of film is subjective. Sometimes a light hearted comedy is just what's needed after a long week at the office.
I also enjoy worthy, challenging and thought-provoking films too. They're not mutually exclusive.

Regards,
James.

Flynch191

It’s a marmite thing.
Critics can talk about scripts and long camera shots etc but at the end of the day some people will like .. some will hate…

For me I find Netflix films fun. They haven’t crossed the 6/10 yet.. ie a film I would recommend to a friend to watch. I’d say have you seen it.. no.. well if Nothing else is on then watch it. Either way you’re not missing much.…

Captainoats

I think I'll save this for a weekend daytime watch. Is it better than 6 Underground?
No! For me 6 Underground was only slightly better because the action scenes were even more bizarre and the opening car chase was decent in 6 Underground. Apart from that both really pants.

Just another Netflix made movie which is terrible and can be related to quantity over quality which is the main driving factor for Netflix. Just lame that A-listers go for the pay check instead of making decent movies.

Captainoats

Perhaps some A-listers are only capable of that kind of jokey performance.
Possibly but Ryan has brought decent movies at the cinema although recently a couple haven't been as good (FreeGuy, Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard). But "show me the money" normally wins eh! lol.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member

robcat101

I know what you mean about the Netflix produced movies. They very much seem to go for the lowest common denominator. (Probably driven by their algorithm). However, the big studios also tend to play it safe with unadventurous safe-bets eg MCU spin-offs, MI, SW etc
I still enjoyed the movie though.

Garrett

Spoilers

Cobb

Distinguished Member
Watched it this afternoon and honestly it wasn’t the worst way to spend a couple of hours on a cold, wet miserable day. Mindless fun, great locations, Gal Gadot in 4K. DJ and RR do their thing, it has a bit of everything. Can’t say I’d watch it again though.

7/10

Call me Candy

Let's face it...... any film that has The Rock in it calls for some amount of leave the brain at the door. This though pulls your brain through your nose, stamp all over it & feed the soggy mess to a rabid pack of rats.
What an utter turd of a film. 💩

swartzy

Distinguished Member
Actually enjoyed this movie and thought 4 out of 10 was very harsh with all due respect to the reviewer....

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Piega launches Ace Wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
M&K Sound launches V+ Series subwoofers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon launches DHT-S517 Dolby Atmos soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett