Red Notice (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

philmoviefan

Standard Member
I thought the review was a little harsh... at least until I got to a scene at the end of the movie where it crashed to a 1, but I've blocked that scene out so it's gone up to 6/10 for me. It's a cheesy fun movie where the three leads play the characters you've seen them play in all their movies. Way too much CGI and a lack of a good antagonist really holds this film back -- the end is sort of anticlimatic. However I enjoyed it and didn't feel tempted to turn it off a dozen times, like I did with the dreck that was Army of Thieves.

psikey

Distinguished Member
And dear god is Gal Gadot just absurdly beautiful !

Yep

giphy.gif

Still my favourite beauty is Ana (in Bond below)

HPC_FLM_Bond-Premiere_Ana-de-Armas_1_Chopards-Green-Carpet-Collection-%C2%A9Greg-Williams_IMG_4x5.jpg

Last edited:

psikey

Distinguished Member
Average rating on net seems to get 6.5/10 (35,711 user score)

Last edited:

Chownie

I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. 4 does seem a harsh score but we all enjoy different things so fair enough. You know what you're getting with these films, they're just pure entertainment, a bit of fun to watch and it served that purpose very well for me. 7/10 for me :).

DLxP

Distinguished Member
I'd agree with a 4 - it was worse than I expected, and my expectations were low. That said, I watched it while drinking with a mate, and once we observed the Rock looked like a big muscley egg, every one of the many egg references thereafter prompted much hilarity. So I'd say a solid 6 if you have alcohol on hand.

Gerry557

I was going to give this a miss after reading the review. I decided to start it and see how it panned out post a Strictly come dancing session for the thing that holds my hand.

I enjoyed the dance in the movie better than the ones on the Beeb. Not the greatest movie but kept me amused and bettered my low expectations.

I would have scored higher than the review but you like what you like.

richard-wong

I watch it on Friday evening, it’s very entertaining as expected for this genre.

It’s very light and very fun.

Would say 6/7 tbh. Not a 4.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Watched this last night. I'd go for 6.5.

Not the greatest, but perfectly enjoyable. Good set pieces and Ryan Reynolds was himself as usual. Comedy didn't quite hit the mark which is why it's not scored higher for me.

Clearly a sequel coming given this has the highest day one opening (read streaming figures) for any Netflix movie ever.

oneman

It's a Saturday night (which is when we watched it, lol) brainless romp, very formula but that is what you expect and it delivered. Gal Gadot as others have mentioned really just relies on her looks. No comic timing and no chemistry whatsoever.

A solid 6 for being what it's supposed to be. No real surprises but not terrible.

moraghan

Actually enjoyed it more than No Time To Die. Review way, way too harsh. 7/10 for me. It was very funny in parts.

james03

Couldn’t get past 20mins, maybe I need to try again but I don’t think I have the will. I’ve been watching movies for the best of 45 years and if I’m not sold on one within 20 mins, there’s hundreds of classics I’d rather watch instead.

HCK

Review is a bit harsh, enjoyed the movie, banter was good and dialogue was snappy. Ryan Reynolds was his usual self, which is a good thing. I think Gal Gadot actually showed she has the ability to do comedy as well....7/10 for me.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
I watched this last night and thought it was pretty good.

You know what you're going to get with The Rock and Reynolds on board; a couple of hours of frivolous, enjoyable nonsense.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
It was OK...ish , nothing more than that . All three actors in their comfort zone playing the same charectors from other films they have starred in . The actual maguffing of the film was quite lame I thought and all and everything telegraphed from way off .

5/10 as it did look rather nice .

wolfie138

Netflix autoplayed a clip of this when i fired up. even though i turned it off after only about 15 seconds of RR's "hilariousness" i feel like sueing them for putting me through that.

Flynch191

Watched this last night. Netflix film so usual score of 6..They just can’t seem to score higher.. not sure what’s up with Netflix films. The series they do/have done/bought etc have been great… but films.. they just can’t make it to the finish line. Maybe one day..

raymondo77

Eh, it was fine. Passed away some time yesterday afternoon. Some score out of ten.

Scotty Pro

Watched it this afternoon as I had a lazy day, worth more than a 4 I thought, bit surprised at the
Ed Sheeran bit at the end, wonder how much he was paid for that ?

Joe C

Distinguished Member
You need to spoiler tag that

Last edited:

raymondo77

Watched it this afternoon as I had a lazy day, worth more than a 4 I thought, bit surprised at the
Ed Sheeran bit at the end, wonder how much he was paid for that ?

Too much.

Timpotter81

Watched at the weekend with the wife. Generally rate a movie on whether I'd want to own in my collection (8-10), would I go out of my way to watch again (6-7), would watch again if channel flicking (4-6), would probably avoid (2-3), turned off before the end on first viewing (1). I thought it was entertaining however very forgettable by the end. I think with the main actors/actresses you get what you expect, was the story line predictable and could you guess plot, yes. I put it in the 6/10 category as I don't think I will watch again intentionally.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Piega launches Ace Wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
M&K Sound launches V+ Series subwoofers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon launches DHT-S517 Dolby Atmos soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett