1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red hue with TOSHIBA 42HDX82

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sunthash, Jan 31, 2003.

1. sunthash

sunthash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I recently purchased a TOSHIBA 42HD82 RPTV. The TV works fine except that there is a red hue on the right hand side of the screen. The hue is quite faint and visible only when screen is displaying mostly white subject. I am wondering why a new TV should display this phenomenon. Can you please advice as to whether this is a serious enough issue that I should return the set to the store or if it is a correctable issue?

thanks!
    sunthash.

2. andyw

andyw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is probably a simple convergence problem, there should be a menu option allowing up to set up the crts properly

andyw

3. sunthash

sunthash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks very much. I did try this but the hue remains. I have contacted the service folks who will be paying a visit soon.

4. vegnomeat

vegnomeat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from what I gather from here and my own experience, it's a common fault, it's impossible to correct with the TV's own convergence system using the remote.

I had to send my Toshiba 42 back because of this fault.

Wayne

5. andyw

andyw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Thomson 46 has a reset defaults option in the service menu. Maybe the Tosh has one too

Also, mine has 3 levels on which to calibrate

3 x 3
    5 x 5
    15 x 15

As you can see, if you calibrate using the 15 x 15 on Red, Green and Blue + White then you have a total of 225 x 3 = 675 different calibration points ( sod that lol)

andyw