Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took me a while to come up with a subject for this month's theme but here we go.

Image on next post to avoid ads etc.

IMG_5203%20-%20Processed-X2.jpg

All exif info etc can be found here:

September - Red - crustyloafer

Shot with a Canon 550D, Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD and Canon 430EX II flashgun fired at a white reflector.

I little bit of PP in Lightroom to adjust saturation, sharpness and apply lens corrections.

nice idea and well executed :)

I'm really struggling this month for any sort of inspiration..... :(

Good idea and nice crisp shot.

nice idea and well executed :)

I'm really struggling this month for any sort of inspiration..... :(
Let me give you some help, something Red :p

Ah! - you mean like a Bloody Nose perhaps ? :devil:
PMSL :laugh:

I'm struggling as well tbh. Taken some shots but I'm not happy with them. Will see if I have time to take anything else otherwise I'll probably just end up entering one of them :blush:

Thanks for all your kind comments guys.

Other steps I took were to put on self timer mode, enabled mirror lockup and used the Canon IR remote to set off. Also used +1 2/3 exposure compensation to account for white chopping board.

I used live view with zoom to manually focus too which helped.

Can only view this on my iPhone, sine Friday nights storm has knocked out my landline and broadband connection . From what I can see it's definitely my kind of shot and works very well indeed

Love it too.. but I'm still gonna criticise it. The streaks along the blade are a distraction.

Love it too.. but I'm still gonna criticise it. The streaks along the blade are a distraction.

Thanks for the criticism. I agree about the streaks but I wasn't about to go and buy a brand new Global knife just for there photo. If I had tried to remove the streak by either blurring, or cloning etc then it would just ruin the sharpness of the image and end up looking odd.

Nice pic agree about the knife but that's how life is some times. Looks good it's clean and crisp I need to view this on my pc to confirm but looks good. Far too hot me!

Great idea, and really well shot. It looks like it was straight out of a cookery magazine.

Wow, thanks. High praise indeed. Will get my vote in tonight.

Yep, I love the lighting, the texture of the surface, the way the halved chilli has the same curve as the blade. Was the surface a glass chopping board? It really is a great shot.

Yep, I love the lighting, the texture of the surface, the way the halved chilli has the same curve as the blade. Was the surface a glass chopping board? It really is a great shot.

Yes, it was a white ceramic chopping board with a slightly textured surface. Thanks for the kind comments.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom