red horizontal lines on my samsung plasma?

mattashby

Standard Member
as above its about 2 years old and is annoying me its in several places has the panel gone - it is worth trying to repair or should i just replace

kevH

I had a similar experience although my lines were vertical, the Samsung guys took it away to repair but alas they informed me the screen had gone :thumbsdow

Upshot was to replace the screen just isnt cost effective as its cheaper to buy a new Plasma, so you could call the Samsung enginner out to confirm its gone or repairable.

If you search the forums theres a thread here about your rights etc etc and these things should last longer etc etc and you may well have recourse through your supplier. Its gotta be worth a shot , let us know how you get on i know of at least 2 people who have got new TV's after they broke down after a similar period to yours.:smashin:

mattashby

Standard Member
I had a similar experience although my lines were vertical, the Samsung guys took it away to repair but alas they informed me the screen had gone :thumbsdow

Upshot was to replace the screen just isnt cost effective as its cheaper to buy a new Plasma, so you could call the Samsung enginner out to confirm its gone or repairable.

If you search the forums theres a thread here about your rights etc etc and these things should last longer etc etc and you may well have recourse through your supplier. Its gotta be worth a shot , let us know how you get on i know of at least 2 people who have got new TV's after they broke down after a similar period to yours.:smashin:

have looked for this thread any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom